Bass refinish

chimaera

Am in thinking of bringing in a 2nd hand tobias growler 4 here from abroad. Theres some scratches on the body wood. The guitar is natural wood in colour. Does anyone knows any one in singapore who can patch up the scratches maybe refinish/ relacquer the body or sumthing?.

chimaera said:
Am in thinking of bringing in a 2nd hand tobias growler 4 here from abroad. Theres some scratches on the body wood. The guitar is natural wood in colour. Does anyone knows any one in singapore who can patch up the scratches maybe refinish/ relacquer the body or sumthing?.

Are you positive that it is finished in a hardcoat, e.g. lacquer, polyurethane, etc. Or could it be an oil finish. If its an oil or wax finish, you could easily do it yourself. :) Also, do the scratches go down to the wood or just a finish scratch?

The photo looks like it only exposed the wood. Its naturally finished like the warwick wood natural. Am not sure wats the outer layer though maybe its oil? Ill be getting it at a good price so i think slight scratches are ok but still i want it if possible to be covered up. Btwu have any comments about the growler4. I played a growler 5 at G77 n i liked the feel n sound of it but i cant get past the fact that i dunno wat to do with the low B hahaha. Tts y when i saw this 4 at a good price i most prob will snap it.

If it's finished in oil or wax like a warwick, then it's just getting some sandpaper and oil/wax. Sand down the scratches and applying some new finish. Something anyone can DIY without screwing up too badly :)

Back