Basic demo recording?

visa

I'm looking for a place that does simple, basic "live" style recordings of decent quality.

Just good enough to be used as mock-demos to pass around to friends and post on sites like purevolume or myspace. We're not looking to cut CDs or anything. (maybe just for the members of the band themselves)

I'm not really that familiar about all the multi track stuff and mixing and mastering- as long as it sounds of decent quality- presently we've been using mp3 players hung from mike stands to record and there are problems like fuzz.

Anybody got any idea where I should go? My budget would be about $30/hr or so. Thanks so much =)

Beat Merchants. 5bucks a take if I'm not wrong, price over quality I reckon. Haven't tried them out myself.

soundmix used to offer them at 25ph but as we all know they are closed for now (aw). you could try l cube studios, not sure about the rates but should be less than 30ph :D

We are a group of students from singapore polytechnic (course in music and audio technology) doing a music business project.

We provide services : Recording of demos. (original song)
: Recording of piano/violin/other instruments exam pieces.
: Producing the demo

Recording of demos : $20/hr (studio)
Recording of piano/violin/other instruments : Price is $10/hr.
Producing the demo : Using cubase software - 1 song $50

The recording venue will be at Singapore polytechnic.

If you are interested, you can mail us at: unmute.music@gmail.com
or leave us a message here.

Thanks.

ok, there's been tooo many advertisment going on in the forum.

unmute, please do not multi-post your ads in the forum. i have deleted 5 of your other ad posting in the forum.

if you wish to advertise on SOFT, please contact me info@soft.com.sg .

this is to be fair to our PAID advertisers.

thank you for your understanding.

unmute said:
We are a group of students from singapore polytechnic (course in music and audio technology) doing a music business project.

We provide services : Recording of demos. (original song)
: Recording of piano/violin/other instruments exam pieces.
: Producing the demo

Recording of demos : $20/hr (studio)
Recording of piano/violin/other instruments : Price is $10/hr.
Producing the demo : Using cubase software - 1 song $30

The recording venue will be at Singapore polytechnic.

If you are interested, you can mail us at: unmute.music@gmail.com
or leave us a message here.

Thanks.

Just a words of advise, you're asking for trouble if you're earning money using school facilities and furthermore you're operating a business without license. just hope you guys know what you're doing. :)

Thanks.

I could understand if it's a project. They stated as a project so I think they're looking for bands to have an opportunity to showcase their recording skills.

But then again, I was wondering where this money will go. To the students' pocket or to the school since the facilities belong to the school. it would be interesting to step into their studio to take a look though... *grinz*

DD

we apologise for the spamming/overadvertising. thanks for the advice. we do have the licence for this business and we have the support from the school to set up this business.

If I remembered correctly NYP has something similar for their business and marketing students too. They have a shop in NYP and it's run by the students. Audio and recording is going that way too I guess.

soft said:
you want record a band? what instrument?

3-piece indie rock band with two vocalists- so we gots to record 2 vocals, 1 guitar, 1 bass and 1 drumset.

unmute does your project group have a website where people can listen to other band's demo? For example you can list your project group members, show photos of the studio setup, experience working in the field etc. I'm sure no one would want to throw money on unexperienced workmanship. If you want charge any amount, you must have the relevant experience to justify your costs.
SAE & Ngee Ann Poly sudents do record bands' singles for their school projects, but for free. Why should I go to you when I can go to them for free? Must evaluate your competitors.

Back