Audio Engineer - Greetings

keyzs

Hi all, just came across this site.

Am a classical guitarist and a professional audio engineer working throughout APEC since 1997.

Nice to know this community has been up since 1999 with lots of budding musicians and young aspiring talent. If there are tips and tricks which i may be able to help with, just feel free to PM or post. i'll do my best to reply when schedules permits. I could remember the time when i first started.

All the very best to one and all.

Cheers!!!

Thanks guys... good site, hope to get more traffic soon.

@soft - thanks for having this site dedicated to the sg music community.

@charlieboyy - all the very best; keep at it and never monitor too loud...

Hi makaranth, thank you for the opportunity to preview your music.

i download the ones on screen t get a feel for your genre.

Mixing and mastering are actually two different things. unfortunately most are lumped into one these days. with the countless number of DAWs, plugins and automation, every developer is touting that anything can be done through just one software... while many have the necessary features avail, most do not translate the mix well during the mix-down stage.

during composition, you would have your monitors loud enough to hear all the nuances of the individual instruments. that way you will be able to craft the sounds to your liking. as more and more instruments come in you would then lower the monitor output levels, so as not to overload them. once you have completed your creation, do a mix-down using your monitors; generally setting the levels to -6db will be more than sufficient. this will represent the first stage of your final mix.

when you hit the mastering stage, get a pair of very good hi fi speakers or work with mid field monitors. sit about 3m away and do your mixdown there. just make sure nothing is in the way between you and the speakers. you will be pleasantly surprised as how the mix will translate.

all the very best...

sent you a PM.

Back