Any John mayer fans?

Caught him on the crossroads... he really can play.. but man did he have to make those faces ... looked quite funny to me...

Pier.

hofner said:
spikes said:
yes, the bluesbreaker is certainly a good band to listen to... and play... hideaways' my favourite song... didn't know people still listened to them, they're quite old...

thats a different john..the john they are refering to is the young kid am i right? buddy guy jokingly challenged john and he just threw his guitar.

oops :oops:

Kaye said:
aah i'm totally crazy john mayer. started listening to his song since.. sec 3.. which is.. 2003. i think he is great great and great.. the reason bcus i pick up guitar is by the influence of him. he is jus so bluey, and sometimes poppy.

There's this track from him, Come Back to Bed.. love it

not only he's good in acoustic but also electric. haha. hail john mayer.

jus a show of hands, any john mayer fans here?

thanks to crossroads..... i totally changed my initial perceptions about him man.... finally realised what i was missing....

crossroads is a definite must watch..... those who missed it grab the dvd.. worth every buck...

thought he was just another guitar player who sings.... reminds mi of ronan keating's singing though

but damn..... he is good.... one of mi fav performances at crossroads... he really blew mi away apart from buddy guy....

just like prince.... you never know he such a player until u see him live.... a real wicked shredder....

hear a lot of SRV and Hendrix in john mayer's playing..... maybe you should check them out too Kaye..... trace his influences and roots... a good way to learn more about the playing style that you like.....

hope that he do more bluesy stuff in future like in crossroads..... PLAY GUITAR... yeah... BLUES IS KING..!!!

his expression on the guitar is really amazing.. he can really make his instrument 'talk' and 'sing',,, his voice also quite unique, creamy sounding hehe. very very nice strat tone. he uses srv strats. i heard that he was a berklee student, as u can tell his songs and chords are really unique and beautiful sounding

he's real good! someone asked me to check him out, but i declined coz he was like HUGE in the states at that point. i just felt he might not be THAT good. then someone i trusted working in Gramophone (he used to play bass with Stoned Revivals) asked me to check out he's dvd, n i did. wowww! i was surprised! at 1st i find there is too much acoustic, but once he whipped out his SRV strat... rest is history.

lesson learnt, dun put out judgement before ACTUAL listening.

hofner said:
spikes said:
yes, the bluesbreaker is certainly a good band to listen to... and play... hideaways' my favourite song... didn't know people still listened to them, they're quite old...

thats a different john..the john they are refering to is the young kid am i right? buddy guy jokingly challenged john and he just threw his guitar.

hahaha..... when was that.... at crossroads too? didnt see that... or issit in the full version in the dvd...? or...?

He's probably one of the few in this era who will let us have a little taste of SRV. I won't say he's at the top of his game yet. But he's a definte competent guitarist (from a standview point), and a darn good songwrite in his own rights.

i don't know if you're doing this sarcastically but you must be refering to JOHN MAYALL. LOL!:p

Back