Any ACOUSTIC guitar to recommend???

JeremyLau

hi guys,

i m looking for an acoustic guitar tat can giv me veri warm n thick sound. more for playing background.. country n pop type of songs.... not so much of lead..

Does anyone has any acoustic guitar to recommend? my budget is around $400-500 plus minus...

check the high end Finas at Davis.

There are also takamines..and the such at that price range.

My advise is to try every guitar you can get hold off....spend a time listening and playing each of them.

no 2 guitars sound the same even if they are the exact same model.

JeremyLau said:
hi guys,

i m looking for an acoustic guitar tat can giv me veri warm n thick sound. more for playing background.. country n pop type of songs.... not so much of lead..

like most have mentioned, go for a budget to mid-range brand like Samick, Takamine (lower end series), Yamaha... and choose one with a solid top. that will give you the warm sound that you are prob looking for, within the budget you have specified.

try a few guitars from these brands first, then come back and tell us what you think - perhaps we can advise you better from there.

look at for the S&P's they sound pretty good and fits your price range. Look aesthetically good too :lol:

For that kind of budget you're looking at a mid-range Yamaha FG series dreadnought guitar. For some strange reason when they age a bit they become very very warm and mellow, I love 'em! I'd also recommend those if your fingers require a thinner neck, their necks feel almost like an electric guitar, hence they score points for playability. Shifting chords and even a little lead work is no problem at all...

They're not as loud as other guitars IMO, but hey if it's just for a strum for pop it's ok....who said you can't strum louder on an acoustic to make it SING huh. May suffer in the country type of songs, 'cause they're not as good for finger picking due to the lack of volume....

Latest posts

Back