Angled Headstock

CyanideJunkie

How does an angled headstock affect the tuning? Some ppl say tat it improves its consistency but i dun find any diff... in fact i find tat the type of bridge plays a bigger part in tat area... Any thoughts?

i also find no difference, maybe we are just two ignorant buggers :lol:
The only thing I can feel with angled headstock is that it feels annoying when being carried on a softcase. It keeps on knocking onto the back of your head :lol:

What i got off Epiphone is that angled headstocks improve sustain.

I have no idea what the special characteristics of the straight fender headstocks are, though.

dangerous design hhaha if you place it horizontally on the ground flat...someones stomps...it's the end...but den again RGs are my favs and they haf slanted headstocks haha

With an angled headstock, the story should goes that the tension is more evenly spreaded.

That's why normally you will find string tree/s on a straight headstock. Where on an angled headstock, the strings goes straight to the tuner peg.

Praetorian said:
What i got off Epiphone is that angled headstocks improve sustain.

I have no idea what the special characteristics of the straight fender headstocks are, though.

this is subjective. brass roller-nut in Fenders have impressive sustain as well. even the non-brass version in Jeff Beck's signature strat has very good sustain.

can someone enlighten me on what a roller nut is?
and does the material of the nut affect tonal quality?

the roller nut in perspective:
lsrtn.jpg

i read that he reason tha the strat has a straight head is because Leo Fender wanted the string o return smoothly when the term was used.From an engineering perspective, sloped head would require greater tension forces to keep the string taut.

Latest posts

Back