Advice on pickups

Rockstars-Inc

hey ppl. Recently im gonna change my Bridge pup in my lespaul copy. Alright ive previously decided on the invader sh-8. But cuz one of my consideration was that the invader will take out my classic les paul tone and sound too mordern for my liking. So therefore i need some advice from ya guys. Ive considered the 59 humbucker too. Give me your views on that too. I play mostly rock stuff. Guns n roses and etc. rock in general. maybe a little metal. so yeah. Thanks alot.

a 59 would be most excellent for the genre you're playing. think the invader wouldn't fit the music you're playing.

yeah i would say so too. But i was worried abt how hight the output is. If im not wrong the 59 isnt a high output pup? Cuz i play music with loads of disrtortion. Was not sure if the 59 cld give me the distortion i was looking for. And i wanted something that doesnt sound with too much treble. anw thanks. and keep the comments coming in.

Try a Duncan custom. its basically a hotter 59. Tried one before, I think it will go well with your LP and give u bout 35% more power.

Try raising the height of the pickups on the guitar so that they are closer to the strings. This will increase the output of the pickup (make it hotter) and change the tone. You may like the difference and it's a lot cheaper than changing the pickups.

cheers,

Mark.

Jony: alright thanks alot. will go do some research on it

mudmechanic: hey actually ive thought of that. but i kinda think my stocks are really shitty. ahha. very muddy pups. i use a aria les paul copy. so yeah.Thanks anw.

Aight ppl. pls continue to give comments. If there is any otherh pups out there not being mentioned> pls feel free to give advice and suggestions. my budget is of 140 bucks. and im gonna change my Bridge pup only. Thanks alot anw ppl.

Put a JB in there and you'll be a happy man! If you ever find it too trebly you could always flip the pickup around and problem solved :D

if look & vintageness isnt an issue...get dimarzio superdistortion for bridge - kicks big tyme or it's bro dual sound.. will sustain until 2moro morning.. 8)

pooo said:
Put a JB in there and you'll be a happy man! If you ever find it too trebly you could always flip the pickup around and problem solved :D

isnt JB more for the neck tho?

No, the JB is essentialy meant for the bridge, it even says so on the dunan site. I think th epeople just like the boosted mids for the neck section.

Yeap, for vintage hi gain tones, go for the Dimarzio Super Distortion / Dual Sound.

Or you can try the Breed bridge for a slightly mellow sounding (still vintage) and middier pup. More low end than the above SD.

Or go crazy and put a Tonezone in for ultimate chugga. Not too vintage sounding though.

I'll suggest you narrow down to 2 or 3 then you ask the forum. Otherwise you'll get 20 diff people giving 20 diff pickup suggestion :lol:

hey ppl. thanks for all the replys. All right i will narrow down to 3 pups. Firstly the SD 59 humbucker, SD custom, or dimarzio's super distortion. all right ppl need ur help here.

Pls tell me which of these ya think is more suitable for my aria lespaul copy. in the bridge position. :D

if ur aria LP has the same wood as a typical les paul, i would choose 59 for bridge position. crispy crunch *bites a biscuit* ...RAW POWER!!!... if SD custom or DMZ super, it would sound over-powering... not my taste...

Rockstars-Inc said:
hey ppl. thanks for all the replys. All right i will narrow down to 3 pups. Firstly the SD 59 humbucker, SD custom, or dimarzio's super distortion. all right ppl need ur help here.

Pls tell me which of these ya think is more suitable for my aria lespaul copy. in the bridge position. :D

DUncan currently has 3 versions of their 'Custom' pickups, i'm happy with all of them, thought i'd share it here:

*Custom (SH-5): Deepest sounding in the 'Custom' family. very rewarding for players who peddle bass notes & rely on intense distortion. not as deep sounding as the Invader.

*Custom Custom (SH-11): midrange enhanced, bass-clipped. does well in massive bodied guitar, might sound too bright in light-bodied ones. midrange not as menacing as JB

*Custom5 (SH-14): acceptable bass response, slightly reduced midrange to make up for enhanced treble. sounds like a souped up vintage, great for blues crunch & high gain

Back