4-piece Band for Full-time Nightlife Work

lazybum

Hi, I am Cliff. I work in the Thai/Chinese scene as a guitarist and my contract is ending very soon. I am looking to form a new 4-piece band for full-time live band work after that. Specifically, I'm looking for a keyboardist, bassist and drummer.

My hope is to form a committed band that wants to continue to play full-time and improve musically. I fully understand that the vast majority of you have day jobs and other commitments. That is okay. If you aspire to work full time playing music, we can meet for coffee first and discuss. If we can find 4 committed members, we can start jamming first before we take up a job that can replace your day-time jobs. For starters, here are the requirements:

1. Ability to read/write charts

Doesn't need to be super fluent. Decent is good enough and not necessarily Standard notation. Number score, tabs, anything that works for you is fine. The reason why reading and writing is important is because of the repertoire. With a large repertoire, relying on memory will drive you insane. Having charts greatly speeds up that process and reduces your stress.

If you can't read and write, that's okay as long as you are committed to learning to read and write. Which brings me to my next point.

2. Commitment

For most of the jobs, its 7 nights a week for the duration of the contract. Hence, it's really gruelling. So, you must really want to play music full time to stay committed. On top of that, the drive to push yourself to improve musically as an individual and a band is important if the band wants to reach greater heights.

3. Metronome

This is more for the drummer. He or she will need to play to a click live.

4. Singaporean

I am preferably looking for Singaporean musicians. So, Singapore musicians complaining there's no music jobs, here's your chance!

As for repertoire, I will provide my repertoire. We can jam once a week and get the band up to speed before we approach work opportunities.

It's hard to find like-minded Singaporean musicians. If your aspirations resonate with mine, hit me up, Cliff @ 9388 0598. Msg or Whatsapp is fine.

Here's to hoping! Cheers :)

I presume that you're the vocalist too?
Good Luck man, I think there's quite a number of Full time musicians trying to find a full time job in this line, but most of them can't be reach because they were never online.

Nah, i do sing a little but for full-time work in the scene I'm working in, it's not a requirement because the clubs that I work in have their own roster of singers.

Bump. Still looking for keyboardist and drummer. Those interested in working full-time in the local music scene, do contact Cliff @ 9388 0598.

Looking for committed drummer now. If you wanna earn a living working full time in music, here's your chance!

Still looking for keyboardist. Those interested in working full-time in the local music scene, do contact Cliff @ 9388 0598.

Back