Yoshiki of X JAPAN

jeifen

I think he's one of the best drummers in metal history..pretty perfect combination of speed and energy..There are drummers out there with the speed, but not all can really pound from start to end. What do you guys think?

a rather big statement, metal history. What form of metal would you be refering to in this. Ever heard of death/black/crust/grindcore style of extreme music?? Blastbeat???

There are indeed drummer who can be much faster than yoshiki, if you are just looking into fast speed and energy.....

Any of the scandinavian metal/rock band can be more creative in term of music and they can be much much more faster and heavier...... its only whether have you heard of it before.....

jeifen said:
I think he's one of the best drummers in metal history..pretty perfect combination of speed and energy..There are drummers out there with the speed, but not all can really pound from start to end. What do you guys think?

Dave Grohl.

I am a big fan of Yoshiki myself and i think Yoshiki is an extravaganza person, he's stamina is incredible which not much drummer can have it.

I had to admit that there's a lot of drummers outthere much faster but i personally think it an exception because Yoshiki doesnt concentrate on 1 intruments alone. He need to practice the piano too and also need the time to write and compose music.

His drum solo in Jealousy Tour 92 is great. i notice that only Yoshiki had this beat which he used in his drum solo 92, his ballads and rock stuff. The beat is like [BASS+CYMBAL SNARE BASS-BASS BASS-BASS-BASS SNARE-SNARE] I dont know if you get it but if hear of his song, most of his song got this ebat that i never heard of any other band does it.

dave grohl in metal history? yeah rite. i think dave lombardo from slayer and joey jordison from slipknot can pound him from start to the end,

i think yoshiki is not one of the best.......u guys shuld check Hellhammer a drummer from mayhem...Tony laureano from NIle..

i think yoshiki is not one of the best

You can't deny he's one of the legendary drummers of Japan...I think the idea of "best" is subjective...by any standards, he's good...check out DAHLIA...

He need to practice the piano too and also need the time to write and compose music.

Agreed...Yoshiki is versatile. He has so many achievements in the classical field too..I'm sure the London Philharmonic Orchestra doesn't agree to work with any tom dick or harry...

maybe the london philharmonic doesnt know whose that. at least george martin is impressed by yoshiki's art of life.

This post pisses me off...
There are no rights or wrongs...or who's better
It's all about unique individuality....Every drummer has a different style incorporated into drumming....
BTW Yoshi-wad?!?!?!
U need to listen to more Metal btw before making urself sound like a friggin fool my man......
(cryptopsy, avulsed, aborted, etc)
Like a frog in a well.........*shakes Head*
Seen steve smith play? He can eat Yoshi anytime anyday for breakfast... Thankew very much! :x :evil: :x :evil:

eh cannot like that say lah! i agree that no who's better, right or wrong and so on, but if u never seen yoshiki live before, it's unfair to say that.

Ur reply..a lil'Off topic.....But....If u wanted a concise ans....No Yoshiko is not one of THE BEST metal drummer in history...period...

er........all i wanna say is that its hard to compare drummers. But best metal drummer.....i dunno i LIKE dragonforce drummer...personal preference.

aNTi_aP said:
This post pisses me off...
There are no rights or wrongs...or who's better
It's all about unique individuality....Every drummer has a different style incorporated into drumming....
BTW Yoshi-wad?!?!?!
U need to listen to more Metal btw before making urself sound like a friggin fool my man......
(cryptopsy, avulsed, aborted, etc)
Like a frog in a well.........*shakes Head*
Seen steve smith play? He can eat Yoshi anytime anyday for breakfast... Thankew very much! :x :evil: :x :evil:

what a good reply, from your reply i can guess your "taste".

HAhaz.....dun patronise me matey!..I dun have a 'taste'...I listen extensively to all genres...Punk, Jazz, Pop, ska, Rock, Metal, Alt....Blues, Big band..Pop-punk....u naem it i check it out....I dun stick to a genre..it's dumb shit and narrowminded To refuse to listen to all genres...Genres were created to group people...I dun believe in that...Music should be connoisseured...If i was too harsh with my remarks i apologise..but it was a narrowminded remark which was frankly....offensive....

Music I listen to:
James Brown
Air Supply
Dyslexic Fish
Lionel Hampton
Aretha Franklin
Norah Jones
Incubus
Chevelle
Crazytown
Aerosmith
Jars of Clay
The Fuhrer
Cradle Of Filth
Daysend
Death Angels
The Stockholm syndrome
Avulsed
Tori Amos
Slipknot
Prodigy
Hootie and the Blowfish
Ill nino
Bodyjar
Unwritten LAw
Breaking Benjamin
Nickelback
Blink
Linkin Park
28 days
GreenDay
Sum41
Regurgitator
Living End
Reel Big Fish
Grinspoon

So dun u judge mi!!! :evil:

different people.. think differently.. what is with WHO IS THE BEST? i love yoshiki tho. :D

nobody is trying to judge u la. how can u say "yoshi-WAD?!!" he is somebody so important..the creator of the very first visual rock band..xjapan is THE legendary.

hm..why do u sound so angry in yr previous entries? i'm so curious. :lol:

Kelly Simonz

Aha...guys..ever heard of Kelly Simonz?...He compose song , lyrics, do arrangement, n play all types of instruments ( guitar,bass,drum,keyboard)..n u noe wat..tis guy solo almost similar to yngwie malmsteen...very very talented.n his frm Japan :wink:

Back