WTS: Yamaha LU101 (Japan made, REBUILT)

nikolaiski

Hi all,

I have a Yamaha LU101 made in the late 1980s, possibly closer to 1990. It was the LAST JAPAN MADE 101cm high series of pianos before the Indonesians started making them.

I am selling it for $2,500 BUT before you think that's a high price, consider the following:

1- The piano has been restrung with Roslau wire

2- The action has been rebuilt, re-felted, re-bushed and has new hammers that come from the Renner factory (more accurately, they are called Renner Blues)

3- The rebuilder is Singapore based, and has extensive experience in restoring 100-year old pre WW1/2 pianos, of which includes Steinways. He is very very meticulous in his work.

It plays and sounds like a new piano, and sings VERY well - the treble sings well and it has a dynamic range (soft to loud) that rivals new Yamaha U1s and U3s. Overall, I think it sounds very European.

Has receipts to prove. Work done totals nearly $3000.

Kept in a constant humidity-controlled, air-conditioned environment and played less than an hour every week as it is not my main piano (well, it's sitting next to my 6' grand..haha)

Do drop me a message to try this very special piano - 93873011. You may also whatsapp me for pictures/audio samples if you think viewing it is a waste of time :)

Selling because I am expecting to get a Korg SV1 on short notice (hence my other ad) and I HAVE TOO MANY 88 KEY PIANOS AND KEYBOARDS!!! lol

Last edited:
Back