SOLD WTS: Yamaha BBN5A (killer mods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3notesAbar

Legendary bass but with some added modifications. Perhaps the most functional ones I've ever seen done on any bass. FYI, the neck and playability is without question top notch. Low action? Easily done. Thick or thin string gauges? No problem. Time tested woods will adhere.

As a stock BBN5A, the bass was pretty useable, but to me the sound was pretty smooth overall, great for R&B/Jazz/Fusion but not able to rock out. With the modifications, the bass retains most of its old sounds and gained much more versatility.

The mods:
- Pickups changed to Seymour Duncan NYC dual coils. These when coil-tapped sound really good; not thin and lifeless.

- Preamp upgraded to Aguilar OBP-3. I usually play the bass with FLAT eq unless the venue is weird with no soundman to help.

- Two mini toggles added to switch between single-coil/parallel/series for each pickup individually, like a Fender Roscoe Beck. Many many tones.

- Dunlop Inset Strap Locks. will include strap-end of device. This means you have to use straplocks forever. Sorry but I'm a huge fan of not dropping basses.

Just for knowledge, this bass retailed at around $1500 if memory serves me correctly. Been almost 20 years? Out of production of course. Comes with gigbag or gator semi hardcase at extra charge. Contact 9-694-two-117 for pics and inquiries.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 247
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 241
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back