SOLD [WTS/WTT] Sterling by Musicman Ray35 and AXL Badwater PJ 4 string

Status
Not open for further replies.

redname

Hi,
I have 2 basses for sale and below are the details.

1) Sterling by Musicman Ray35

ray35.jpg

Had this bass for around a year now. Specially selected this among the few pieces available when i bought it as this has the tightest low B. The growl on this bass is just amazing and I've not yet met anyone who didn't praise how good the bass sounds.

Although it's made in Indonesia, this bass doesn't lose out to it's USA counterpart in terms of how it sounds and the play-ability.

I'm selling this as I've recently acquired 2 great sounding 6 string basses and thus i don't need this anymore.

Here are some general specs of the bass:

Lightweight swamp ash body
Maple neck
17.5 mm string spacing
Music Man® designed pickup w/ alnico polepieces
Music Man® designed 3-band active preamp
Rosewood fingerboard
45 mm nut width

Here's a video review on youtube for this bass done by Ed Friedland (using the 4 string version):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=67Fo7AKwfA0

I'm judging the condition to be 8.5/10 and asking for $950 (neg). I'll throw in a new pack of ernie ball coated strings (goes for $60 at music theme) if you meet the asking price. oh yah, I just changed the strings on this anyway :)

2) AXL Badwater PJ bass

badwater.jpg

It looks like the one on the left just that mine is a PJ and has 3 knobs instead of 2.

You might not have heard of this bass but do a search on Google and you'll find that it has actually won Editor's Award by Bass Player Magazine, certainly unheard of for a bass of this price range.

The pickups are hot and it actually comes from EMG.

Here are some general specs of the bass:

Pickguard: Classic-Style, Distressed
Headstock Finish: Natural, Distressed with Burned AXL Logo
Body: Solid Alder
Neck: Rock Maple
Fretboard: Rosewood
Hardware: Antiqued / Anodized
Inlay: Dot
Bridge: I've changed this to a heavier and more solid one
Pickups: Split and Single coil, Alnico, EMG designed
Controls: Volume/Volume/Tone
Neck Profile: C
Neck Joint: Bolt-On
Neck Joint Location: 16th Fret
Radius: 12"
Nut Width: 1-5/8"
Nut Type: Plastic
Scale Length: 34"
Total Length: 46"

This is a relic looking bass so I can't really give the condition as it looks old and used when bought new.

I'm looking at $180 (neg). I'll string on a set of lightly used DR black beauties coated strings if you meet the asking price.

You can contact me through PM or msg me at 976 triple one 94

** I would be interested in a trade for a P or PJ 4 string bass with a maple fretboard, top-ups would be from either side. I don't mind to trade in both basses for just 1 bass of yours.

AXL Badwater Bass has been sold.

Sterling by Musicman still available. don't miss this chance to own a great sound bass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back