SOLD WTS: Rare Vintage Ovation Solid Quilted Maple Top - Discontinued Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leroy

Selling my Ovation Acoustic Guitar. It's definitely a rare piece with an even rarer Solid Quilted Maple top. It's made in KOREA and I'm not sure which year it is made but I highly suspect is 1995/96.

Solid quilted maple woods are among the woods that Martin keeps locked up in their factory together with their Brazilian RW collection. Bob Taylor also reaffirms the rarity of quilted maple (quilted pattern happens only in 1% of all maple trees harvested). Even within quilted tops, the degree of quilted patterns differs from slight to highly quilted.

With regards to the tone, quilted maple has even more articulation and clarity as compared to flame/big leaf maple. The result is a rare piece that will effortlessly cut through the mix in a band. Trebles are clear, string to string separation most pronounced among all the guitars I have. I use it mostly to plug into my Fishman Loudbox Mini when I jam with a cajon player.

Anyways, picture speak louder than words. Have a look, previous owner was a guitar collector. Looking to sell for only $600 (includes limited-edition Ovation hardcase worth at least $200-$300). Selling because I'm in need of cash so definitely my loss and your gain. Oh well.

Well, the pictures say it all. Check out the beautiful quilted top.

Pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/30tnvr3h87bfwur/SCcaNWGd0t

Msg/WA 97570071 to deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back