Why men find it hard to commit...

well...
planning to get married, and maintaining the marriage are 2 diff. things.

nowadaes marriage has become to common a thing, cuz if it goes wrong... can alwaes divorce... but what of the kid? (if you have one)

well "so what?" you say. u happy the ex-wife happy can alr wot...
but will the kid be happy in a single parent family? so who's to blame for this happening? society? (because everyone is getting divorced, so i do no problem wad)

well yes, it allows more freedom. but what of the kid, who's at the bottom of the totempole? he's the one getting pressure from the top right?
the problem is, pple these days are just getting married at the spur of the moment. and what after that? so u get sian of each other get divorced.

but they don't even try to make things work out for the sake of the kid growing up in a family unscarred by all these divorce nonsense.

i dunno. to me, yes i plan to get married. but i won't do it at the spur of the moment. marriage is not about now, it's about the future.

ok sorry for this draggy post. haha.

what palmmut3d is very valid. children is the future and how many of us grew up learning the hard way because of our parents' mistakes? i'm sure alot. and that applies to the kids now.

this's the reason why in my previous relationships I never believed in "we need to take some time off away from each other" or "break up then patch up" . that's just one of the ways to "escape the problem just to come back and face it again!" . so problems, either settle on spot and compromise. if not part ways. either black or white, no shades of grey.thats it. as I always say.. if you got problems in BGR now, wait till you get married.

to the softies here reading, those in long term relationships + going to get married stage. my advice is get married and commit. overcome all ups or downs as you vow and sign that damn ROM cert without "Divorce" as an option to be considered for the future. should marriage turn sour, seek counselling and fix it. mai tu liao. don't let it bottle up.

20¢ worth

Coming from a single parent family,
it definitely isnt easy to see your parents break up.
but most of you should know that.

anyway, i take this fear of commitment as a rather good sign.
if people are more careful and apprehensive, divorce rates would go down, and everyone's happy:)

actually if marriage rate decrease = baby births drop. it could cause an aging population problem.. and again, it's best to have as many serious (yes serious. not ONS) relationships as possible when you're younger ,get yourself experienced with emotions. then learn to settle down.

ironic isn't it... our grandfathers/mothers got married(forced) first then find love from there and now in this day and age you often see them together till "deaths do us part".
now we find love first before we get married and ppl take the "till divorce do us part" option for granted.

anyway the best way to handle fear of commitment is to take on it straight in the face!
I mean what have you got to lose except your time... hmm.. money... sanity... then yourself..? we all die at one point of time anyway.regret the things you did than the things you didn't do.

20¢ worth

To the lovers, the groaners, the knashers, the believers, the unbelievers, the unknown, the lonely, the lost and found etc etc etc

Sometimes it's better to leave but peeps find it hard to do so. So, I found out the way to break up quickly and easily, before you fall in, forever, and the answer is to sing this song, note for note.

It's one of the most beautiful love songs ever, by one of music's most talented. Enjoy the song.

YouTube - Prince-Beautiful Ones

Baby, baby, baby
What's it gonna be
Baby, baby, baby
Is it him or is it me?
Don't make me waste my time
Don't make me lose my mind baby

Baby, baby, baby
Can't u stay with me tonight
Oh baby, baby, baby
Don't my kisses please u right
U were so hard 2 find