Which Electric drum, Alesis or roland

lepak

Alesis, yamaha or roland?

And which type the one with black surface or white? whats the diff with the White and black?

White has better feel?

white, they have drum skins, mesh and plastic heads. black, mostly rubber bah can't think of any other material.. lol

white has a better feel ? .. >> if it is mesh or drum skins one, YES. plastic to me, not really eh.

but a drum set with all mesh heads is expensive. for a roland one, the td-12 is bout 6k in swee lee. a td-3kw is 2k+ i think. it has the snare as mesh and the other as rubber.

for alesis, i am not to sure. yamaha i think they have a model in drum skin ? .. correct me if i am wrong :) .. you may also would like to try out pintech or hart.

Alesis, yamaha or roland?

White has better feel?

To answer this post honestly, I think that both the Alesis (the one that is before the DM5 PRO) and Yamaha brands are not worth it. I have tried both and, when compared to the oddly shaped SPD-20, both literally pale in comparision. In particular, the Alesis kit felt and sounded especially cheap while the Yamaha kit really seemed to be over-priced.

I have not tried the Roland kit, so I cannot say anything about it.

Again, this is my opinion.

and .. i shall do the review on roland td3-k. bought it from swee lee like about a year back ? .. GREAT SOUNDING, NICE MESH HEAD for the snare, cymbals choke-able :D GREAT module :D ..

ok lah .. over review .. now for the bad stuff ..

the hit-hat pedal and hi hat is not connected ...
you can't see the hi hat open or close.. guess you gotta get use to it .. :)
sometimes the floor tom is too soft .. but .. overall okays lah .. hahas

you may go to

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=803&ParentId=60

copy and paste at ur url :) ..

cheers,
brainwash

How about the lastest Alesis kit? (DM5 pro)

What's your take on that?

Well, I have not tried it yet, so I cant really say anything about it. However, if the module is the same, then I can expect the sound to be also equivalent.

The best is for you to try it yourself .... :)

check out the roland td-20. Highest end model there is. Amazing module with an amazing price..:D N im pretty sure the white coloured heads are better cuz they have better feel and for the roland drums at least, white means it can be tuned.

Back