Which drummers have influenced you the most?

Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters)
Nathan Young (Anberlin)
Steve Jordan! (JohnMayerTrio)
Pat Torpey (Mr. Big)
Chad Butler (Switchfoot)

no particular order here

travis barker (sorry guys i know overated)
chad smith
nathan young
dave weckl
terry bozzio

HAHA emokiddo! I knew you're gonna say that.

1)David Garibaldi ( blurred! Can't believe you didn't mention him! )
2)Gavin Harrison
3)Mike Portnoy
4)Carter Beauford
5)drummers which have insane groove and chops! (Especially those Black dudes...they are awesome...Aaron Spears...Gerald Hayward anyone?)

^_^

HAHA emokiddo! I knew you're gonna say that.

1)David Garibaldi ( blurred! Can't believe you didn't mention him! )
2)Gavin Harrison
3)Mike Portnoy
4)Carter Beauford
5)drummers which have insane groove and chops! (Especially those Black dudes...they are awesome...Aaron Spears...Gerald Hayward anyone?)

WAKAKAKAK heh!! how u noe???
eh when can do acoustic session?

also nxt soft jam, make sure u got the heavy music ready! xP

Yo Alvin!!! you're a massive Jack De'Johnette fan.... as you've stated. been meaning to listen to more jack. what albums do you recommend? apart from pictures...?

The three most influential drummers (in my life):

Jose Pasillas (Incubus!)
Chad Smith (RHCP!)
Ringo Starr (The Beatles!)

oh okie i forgot, when i was like 16 i first heard this band called live. the drummer chad gracey was and still is a such an influence on me. listening to him i started to phrase my drum patterns differently, not just settling for any old rhythm. i started to play ghost notes as well. huge influence when i was 16. okie for the guys u don't think he;s fantastic, neil peart mentioned that he was his favourite drummmer in an MD interview. it was the 90's hehe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc80X4ecnjw

It took me a while to pick 5 drummers, for I have so many influences...

Dominic Howard (Muse)
Shannon Leto (30 Seconds To Mars)
Jose Pasillas II (Incubus)
Joe Dooling (Delian League)
The Rev (Avenged Sevenfold)

I'm also getting into Izumi, the drummer for J-Rock band Kagrra,...Check him out sometime, he's pretty good. :)

Steven Morris - Joy Division / New Order (THE ultimate minimal drummer, go listen to JD's Closer....)

J Read - Revenge / Conqueror (of course i can't play like that but the insane octopoid walloping is so damn hilariously addictive to attempt emulation)

Klaus Dinger - Neu (the man who invented motorik......)

John McEntire - Tortoise (powerful, straight yet fluid style)

Lol mel, i'm actually trying to tab out kagrra's "utakata", but its proving to be a very hard affair :( Got some parts can't really hear grahhhh

kagrra is kinda gd.like their 'san' album. they are more of melodic genre i guess.

well well: my all time fav drummer that inspired me the most is mike portney frm dream theatre. and hiroki from 'd'. really hope i can match mike someday in his standards.he's a rollin' drummer mastro.

-kai desu.

How can anyone forget one of the greatest drum composer of his time: Toto's Jeff Porcaro ?

He was an inspiration to many of the idol drummers you all had listed :)

Did anyone here master his signature groovy Rosanna beat yet ?

Back