Which basses are good for beginnners

vertical_blue

need some wiews and opinions from you experienced guys :D going to buy some stuff with my cousin sometimes next week

my cousin is going to buy his 1st bass and i dont know any to recommend him.Which bass models are good for beginners?

im thinking of getting a bass overdrive pedal for myself too but not sure which one to get.i play stuff from RHCP,metallica,gnr,muse.do you guys think that i would require a pedal for these genres?

matt

try starter basses for beginnners... comes with eveything you need - bass amp cable strap some even got headphones etc. as for your overdrive, i suggest boss odb3 or ibanez pd7 if you're on the budget of below 200 bucks. or if you can spend more money then maybe you should consider ebs bass valvedrive or maybe a buy a multi effects like bass podxt live or boss me50b and use the overdrive/distortion/fuzz features it has.

if u dun mind second hand stuff get it from Luthur classified. U get a reasonably good bass at low price. No point spending $ on a cheapo bass. One day u still wan to buy a better one. Thus, my advice is get the mid range ones. Some people are letting off good basses at low price. Think i saw a G & L tribute 2500 going at a low price, $880. Worth buying. If really got money invest on top GAS. If not stay using till till it break. New stuff may not be good stuff.

jackyboyboy

Get an expensive one so that you will be compelled to play...haha. Just kidding. Agreed with Jacky on the second-hand potential. Otherwise, a soundgear will be ideal, and if the budget permits, maybe a MIJ Fender Jazz.

thanks guys for you views :D :D
as for the pedal ive decided on the OLB-3
as for the bass the final say will be from my cousin coz he's buying it not me 8)

you'd be surprised how acceptable the Ibanez Turbo Tubescreamer is with bass 8)

2550300553004.JPG

the TS9DX has some boosted modes which enhance the lower frequencies, works well with bass, very undefined with guitars (although this pedal was made for guitars primarily).

i'm using a ts9dx. good stuff but there is a loss of bottom end. i'm getting a barge concepts vbf-2 to counter the tone suck on the big muff and ts9dx.

i think it was meant to emulate the saturated tube sound. i think the ibanez is more popular but maxon made the early ts pedals for ibanez afaik

From what I've heard, it meant to compliment the tube sound.
Not sure about its use in as stand alone application.

hmmm... saw a couple of guys using the randolf-ed bd-2 for bass. is it good enough for a dirt pedal for bass? loss of low end?

how bout the randolf-ed ts9? that looks interesting... dun think they have those around which i can try, so anyone tried these pedals b4?

Back