Whats your favourite Rock Greats?

frequenz

Hi to all fellow Softians.

I would like to ask which band and what song is your all time favorite for Rock Greats range from 1970s to 1995.

As my job require me to do a Rock Greats program, I had been since then cracking brain which band/ song to put in. Hence, I am asking here so as to know make myself realise which band/ song I had not thought of. And at the same time, its good to know each other preferences on Rock Music.

Come on ppl, put in some artists/songs!

Too many bands, too many songs...why don't you list out what you have and let us see what you have missed

70s- Pink Floyd, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Sex Pistols
80s- AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen
90s - GnR, Nirvana, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains

I do repeat songs in different mth. Hard to say what I used. Normally will be scorpio, firehouse, radiohead, blur, aerosmith etc.. because the program im in charge is 2hr duration so in total of 30songs plus every I do.

70s- Pink Floyd, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Sex Pistols
80s- AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen
90s - GnR, Nirvana, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains

OMG Mobius! thats all the songs i would love to listen to! haha you have the same taste as me. maybe we share the same tongue.

:)
Melvin

70s-Led Zeppelin,Black Sabbath,Pink Floyd,Deep Purple,Santana,Motorhead,Rainbow

80s-Metallica,Iron Maiden,Van Halen,Dio,Scorpions(are they 80s?),Depeche Mode,Guns n Roses,Bon Jovi,RHCP,Whitesnake

90s-Soundgarden,The Smashing Pumpkins,Nirvana,Alice In Chains,TOOL,Nine Inch Nails,Rage Against The Machine

Hmm.

surely you would not have forgotten Eric Clapton (70's - now) and / or the Beatles (60's - 70's)?

Also, hearing other bands such as Free, Yes and even the Kinks would be nice.

Wow, thanks ppl. How about introducing the song as well? I may have these artists in my office, but not to all the songs. :(

Anyway, I'm actually working as Audio Producer who produce a program call Rock Greats, and it is to be play on airplane, in another word: Inflight Entertainment for Audio. So, you can only listen to it when you board the airplane. :oops: But I do appreciate the help from everyone here! :D

By the way, this is not for the local airline, it's for another country airline. :wink:

How about recommending me some of the nice song for Sex Pistol, Led Zeppelin,Black Sabbath,Pink Floyd.

Depeche Mode is Rock? I thought they are more for Electronic Stuff?

Does anyone know who sung "Kiss Me". A little of commercial pop rock is welcome too. Heh!

Sex Pistols -Anarchy in the UK, God Save the Queen, EMI

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here, Another Brick in the Wall (partII), Money, Time

Led Zeppelin- Black Dog, Stairway to Heaven :lol: , Kashmir, Immigrant Song

Black Sabbath - War Pigs, Paranoid

Man no one mentioned Skid Row and Judas Priest

Sebastain bach and Rob halford - two of the best rock vocalist(s) ever

Skid row : 18 and life, youth gone wild, sweet sand jesues? Monkey biz

Judas Priest : Green manalishi, breaking the law...etc

Budgie - Breadfan, Parents
James Gang - Funk 49, Walk away
Kanas - Dust in the wind, Carry on wayward son
The Doors - Light my Fire, Break on through
The Kinks - Waterloo sunset, All day and all of the night
Foreigner - Double vision, Hot Blooded
America - A horse with no name, Sandman
The Clash - Sould I stay or should I go, Radio Clash
Buzzocks - Ballroom Blitz, Ever fall in love
The Jam - David Watts, A bomb in Wardour street
Billy Idol - White Wedding, Rebel Yell
Dire Straights - Sultan of Swings, Monry for Nothing
Thin Lizzy - Jail Break, Whiskey in the Jar
Warrant - I saw Red , Cherry Pie
Slade - Run Run Awy, Come on feel the noise
The Police - Message in a Bottle, Roxanne

these are some of the other famous rock band which I would love to listen if I am on a Airplane :)

Hmm.

Quintessential AC/DC songs:

It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock And Roll)
Whole Lotta Rosie
Highway to Hell
Shot Down In Flames
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Back In Black
Thunderstruck

Been working for 4 years. It is a dream job at first... then numb... but one thing I like about my job is, I can listen to music anytime I want. But we got to QC the songs from song 1 till the end. And that means any genre!

I began to love all kind of music... Hindi, Tamil, J / K pop and some of the oldies etc etc etc... lol....

Guns N Roses-Ain't it fun, Welcome to the jungle, Sweet Child O Mine
Poison- Ride The Wind, Life Goes On, Unskinny Bob, Something to believe in, Sexual Thing, Until you suffer some (Fire And Ice)
Jimi Hendrix-Red House, Little Wing
Motley Crue- Home Sweet Home, Merry Go Round, Red Hot.
Led Zeppelin-The Rain Song, Babe I'm gonna leave you, Stairway to heaven, Rock N Roll.
Sex Pistols-Down on the farm
Warrant-Let it rain, Heaven
Iron Maiden-Where Eagles Dare, Aces High, Iron Maiden, Hallow be thy name, The Trooper, Alexandra The Great.
ACDC-Highway to Hell, Whole Lotta Rosie
Metallica-Enter Sandman, Sad but true, Fade to black, The unforgiven
Eagles-Get over it, Hotel California, Love will keep us alive, Desperado, Wasted Time.

Back