What's the local indie bands album anyone bought recently?

All the over rated and under rated talk not much helping a tiny place over here, a music forum.

Hehe, so yeah, shoot, what was the local indie bands cd/merch bought recently.

I bought humpback oak boxset, stellarium self titled album plus tee, +65 indie underground compilation.

Download wise(legal one), livonia 2 EPs, great empty-desire the creator(love to buy a physical copy if i see it round indie shops)

Download (illegal one) Duh, wu siao boh, even if have, also wont talk bout it

looking forward to get b quartet new one on sunday plus the tee.

Up up For local indie bands, past present and future!

oh, if never sarpork our bros and sis recently, then you, are, over rated!

Well, my last purchase was Stellarium's Self-titled. (But the cd wouldn't play!!!) Last download was Great Empty.

Oh and I do believe that Great Empty are selling physical copies at their gig today.

Just bought B-Quartet's Comfirmity has replaced Conscinous and my my, its truly our local Mona lisa of music!

Current favs:
1) B Quartet's tomorrow is our permanent address
2) B Quartet's comfimity has replaced consinous
3) The Fire Fight's henri

I am still still still still waiting for In Each Hand a Cutlass' EP/Album.. hope that it gets released soon!!

up for the bro bros in the thread and those who spend on local indie band releases, but never post!

Yup yup, b quartet roksss me bollocksss! The new album and the launch gig, sibey tan jiak! Up for them and the nice tee they have!

I am still still still still waiting for In Each Hand a Cutlass' EP/Album.. hope that it gets released soon!!

OMG. but we suck :p

i think it's gonnna take a while....all of us are just starting to meet up for jams next next week (after a 5 month break recording bands overseas,working overseas , travelling overseas and the likes)

@Pathein: The launch was awesome! I was tempted to stand up many times but dismissed the idea lest I look like a nut. Anyway I think you most hero, I know you have many local records!

@Roland: hahah Yea I heard from Jordan how the plan get postponed due to busy schedules and all but pls make it happen! I'm counting on you! :p

Got the Playspeak compilation from a couple years back just for that one In Each Hand a Cutlass track. Glaciers, 9 minutes and probably worth a dollar a minute... the other dunno how many songs for the remaining 1 buck for the $10 CD :p

i think it's gonnna take a while....all of us are just starting to meet up for jams next next week
Nice!

Last thing I bought was actually Postbox's EP at their launch last year; planning to get B-Quartet's new album next!

+65, Henri, Conformity Has Replaced Consciousness

I would like to add that B-Quartet is so awesome and if they never get big (big as in Big), it would be such a waste. All that glorious music confined to the ears of just a few here on our sunny island.

ah crap, my cds are spewed all over my messy desk hidden in every corner.. well from here i see my rock for wayne dvd (some indie bands inside) and fire fight's henri. great stuff! i'll post more as i clear up my desk.. haha

edit: alamak! +65 i wanted to get that when i went down to the weekend gig at the esplanade but forgot.. damn! =/ maybe i'll drop by Cathay's Gramophone to find it. in my experience CD's are usually slightly cheaper there than in HMV

Last edited:
edit: alamak! +65 i wanted to get that when i went down to the weekend gig at the esplanade but forgot.. damn! =/ maybe i'll drop by Cathay's Gramophone to find it. in my experience CD's are usually slightly cheaper there than in HMV
When I'm damn free I check a few Gramophones like cathay and peninsula before buying lol. Cos sometimes got random sale... or they forget to change price tag. :p Can even find the same disc for diff price in those bargain bins at Cathay. And don't forget the Esplanade shop too.

yep I had a chat about his history in the local scene, pretty amazing stuff. Met him a few times in SG, then once in JB and KL. He doesn't shy away from a chat, he even recommended a few vintage guitars to look out for through Facebook haha.

Back