What guitars should Gibson be making?

You do understand that boutique guitars are actually supposed to be made to your exact specifications... I don't mean those off the shelf suhrs, andersons or tylers (I'm with you... those Tylers are fugly!).

I meant a McNaught, McInturff, Huber, Schroeder, Custom Suhr, DeTemple, D'Pergo, Grosh, Collings, Myka, Sakashta, Rist etc etc. Made to exactly what it is you want. The neck shape, woods, radius, fretsize, controls, colour, etc etc...

The Gibson Custom Shop makes guitars they think people want to own. Not what the owner himself really wants.

You really want something exclusive? Have something made JUST FOR YOU. Not buy something made for someone else.

Yeah I know they're made to your specs and all but somehow I trust the people at Gibson more than I trust myself. I mean they have like donkey years of experience and their customshop makes really awesome guitars.

Age has nothing to do with it. Experience does. I don't have much. Because I have people twice my age under me where I work.

Gibson should do what they did in the past. Hike their prices up exuberantly so that everyone will think they're the greatest guitar company in the world and all other companies are run by little girls. Fact: Gibson sold way more guitars back when its prices were high than when it lowered its prices.

Age has nothing to do with it. Experience does. I don't have much. Because I have people twice my age under me where I work.

What does having people older than you under you have to do with your lack of experience?:confused: And Gibson? And Boutique Guitars?

What are you trying to say?

SmFizz, if you really want to know, PM me.

Otherwise just ask any of your friends who understand Malay *facepalm*

sorrry can someone plz explain the meaning of tak farham lol?
furries1.gif

What does having people older than you under you have to do with your lack of experience?:confused: And Gibson? And Boutique Guitars?

What are you trying to say?

I'm saying that age has nothing to do with me not knowing my guitars. I just haven't seen that many good ones so Gibson guitars suit me for now/

Fact: Gibson sold way more guitars back when its prices were high than when it lowered its prices.

Hmm, interesting. They sold more guitars when their prices were higher? That's a rule that goes against most economical sense.

Yeah I know they're made to your specs and all but somehow I trust the people at Gibson more than I trust myself. I mean they have like donkey years of experience and their customshop makes really awesome guitars.

Hmm. Most of their Gibson Custom guitars that I see are basically just the same guitar, different finishes/pups/fretboard inlays at prices that can easily cost a person a couple month's worth of salary. They look nice, that I can say. Tone wise, never tried (I'm looking at the website now) but is it really worth it? Considering the price and the fact that it doesn't look that much different from any other Gibson copy, I'm not sure whether I would say they are entirely awesome.

Besides, experience in making guitars is one, but I feel that Gibson lack the experience in the now-competitive guitar market.

Hmm, interesting. They sold more guitars when their prices were higher? That's a rule that goes against most economical sense.

Hmm. Most of their Gibson Custom guitars that I see are basically just the same guitar, different finishes/pups/fretboard inlays at prices that can easily cost a person a couple month's worth of salary. They look nice, that I can say. Tone wise, never tried (I'm looking at the website now) but is it really worth it? Considering the price and the fact that it doesn't look that much different from any other Gibson copy, I'm not sure whether I would say they are entirely awesome.

Besides, experience in making guitars is one, but I feel that Gibson lack the experience in the now-competitive guitar market.

Have you played an R9 ? seriously just go try one. They may not look any different when compared to the standards or even "copies" of the guitar but the magic is when you pick one up and touch one.

Not really. That actually applies to luxury goods. The more expensive, the more unattainable, the higher the demand... Odd, isn't it? We humans are sometimes weird creatures.

Back