What guitars should Gibson be making?

predz23

For my next guitar i thought I'd buy a high end model for a change, instead of another epiphone so that means either a gibson les paul or an ESP Eclipse or something like that, as long as it is Les Paul shaped.
I thought i shouldnt buy another signature guitar because I already have a ZW Epi. using two signature guitars would make look wannabe'ish

so i continue to dream of a guitar that is
1.) Les Paul shaped
2.) has EMG's
3.) has a Raw finish so you can see the wood
4.) not a signature guitar of anyone so i dont look like I'm trying to imitate someone

Even though I want the guitar to be high end, ala Gibson Les Paul, or ESP it should still be reasonably priced like Les Paul studio or something

AND THEN GIBSON IS RELEASING THESE
zakkhell4.jpg

zakkhell5.jpg

so i continue to dream of a guitar that is
1.) Les Paul shaped
2.) has EMG's
3.) has a Raw finish so you can see the wood
4.) not a signature guitar of anyone so i dont look like I'm trying to imitate someone AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

So my fellow softies I will start a thread, What guitars should gibson be making? I would totally buy the new ZW gibsons if they didnt have his signature paintjobs to make me look like a wannabe if I were to buy them. and I'm sure you guys don't exactly love the reverse flying-v, the SG zoot suit and especially the Hendrix strats.

Conclusion: What guitars should Gibson be making?

They should stop coming out with weird designs and just start improving their current set of models.
Gibson used to be a great guitar brand that produced fantastic guitars. What ever happened to that?

you should get the Les Paul that i saw at Sound Alchemy. emg-ready:>

Yeah i was drooling over that, and I wonder if its already sold, if it isnt i wonder if it would still be around after i save up the money but the zakk LP has sexy block inlays on an ebony fingerboard sigh....

Gibson should make the exact same guitar without the paintjob
The ZW BFG is actually chambered too
but i dont want chambered, i want back breaking weight to help me get strong

They should go the BFG with custom binding in tuxedo black.It'll be the best guitar ever from Gibson.

I think a hollow-bodied Les Paul would be interesting. Allows the famous Les Paul shape but a different sound all together

Anyway, I wouldn't mind more Firebird options. Those are good guitars, IMO

I'd also like to try a fully-hollow Gibson LP Standard, but if Gibson doesn't change its regular pricing, I would expect the guitar to have:
- African striped ebony fingerboard,
- Highly quilted maple top with burled mahogany body,
- Tortoiseshell bindings on both the fingerboard and the body,
- Neck-thru design.

If you cant afford a real gibson there's always orville or edwards that'll give any gibson a run for its money.

Back