We need a ROCK LEAD GUITARIST. Able to play these solos with fervour. CHASING HORIZON

DaveMustaine

1yPUYDG.jpg

Our current Lead Guitarist, after years of playing rock, is branching out to try out Iron Maiden & Country music genre. We had a blast performing with him & wish him all the best. Hope to cross paths again with him in the future, as he is like a big brother to us.

So we are now looking out for a good intermediate, passionate & committed Lead Guitarist who likes to play rock songs.

We have some specific songs below, which we hope this new guy or gal is able to play the guitar solos with fervour, and effortlessly, if possible. :)

Gun ~ Word Up
Guns N' Roses ~ Sweet Child O' Mine / Paradise City
Bon Jovi's classic rock ballads

===========
Audition Dates:
===========

1) Mon 24th March, 7pm to 9pm

2) Mon 31st March, 7pm to 9pm

If needed, we may open up more dates in April.

===============
Our Band Background:
===============
We play catchy old & new Rock Hits covers, ranging from 80s to the latest new Rock Hits. Our direction is strictly on Hard-Rock, Rock Ballads, Punk Rock & Melodic Metal covers. No hardcore growling metal or Chinese songs.

We jam on a once-a-week basis, & do gigs once every 2 months. Whenever there is a gig coming, we may rehearse up to twice a week when closer to the performance date itself. This is the commitment level that we are looking for. Of course, we do our best to accommodate everyone's availability & schedule, as family + work still take priority.

The current members are all in our mid 20s & mid 30s, all local Singaporean Chinese.

You can read more about our band profile, past live performances & photos here: https://www.facebook.com/chasinghorizon

We look forward to participate in gigs from May onwards, if we can find the right Lead Guitarist soon.

Note: Below are the preferred audition songs that you can choose from, if you are comfortable to jam with us. If not, we are ok to try other songs that you are comfortable with. Let us know in advance.

=============
Audition Songs List
=============

<Preferred songs as it is our current setlist at the moment>

Bryan Adams ~ Summer of '69 (Key: B)
Gun ~ Word Up
Matchbox Twenty ~ She's So Mean
The All-American Rejects ~ Dirty Little Secret (Key: G)
Vertical Horizon ~ You're A God
OAR ~ Shattered
Faber Drive ~ Tongue Tied (Key: C)
FUN ~ We Are Young (Key: E)
Lifehouse ~ First Time
Vertical Horizon ~ You're A God
OAR ~ Shattered
Faber Drive ~ Tongue Tied
Velvet Revolver ~ Slither

<Rest of the songs below, which we played before or in the pipelines of new songs to cover>

Bon Jovi ~ You Give Love A Bad Name
Anberlin ~ Art Of War
Green Day ~ When I Come Around
Avril Lavigne ~ My Happy Ending
Avril Lavigne ~ Rock N Roll
Creed ~ My Sacrifice
3 Doors Down ~ Here Without You
Hinder ~ Lips Of An Angel
Metallica ~ Enter Sandman
Guns N Roses ~ Sweet Child O' Mine
Lawson ~ Standing In The Dark
Stone Temple Pilots ~ Plush
The Script ~ For The First Time
Blur ~ Song 2
The Calling ~ Wherever You Will Go
Simple Plan ~ Crazy
Avril Lavigne ~ Nobody's Home
The Cranberries ~ Zombie
Meredith Brooks ~ B.i.t.c.h

Interested LEAD GUITARIST, pls drop me a private message at our Facebook Band Page: www.facebook.com/chasinghorizon with your intro, name, age, race, music interest, & are you in any bands currently. Which songs in the audition list above, you would like to try out with us.

Ideally, the Lead Guitarist we looking for, would share these common music interests with us from the below bands:

Guns N Roses
Bon Jovi
Creed
Def Leppard
Foreigner
Journey
Firehouse
U2
Stone Temple Pilots
Mr Big
Van Halen
Bad English
Vertical Horizon
Third Eye Blind
Scorpions
Green Day
Jimmy Eat World
Skid Row
INXS
Megadeth
Metallica, and more....

and also newer bands like:

Nickelback
Lawson
Simple Plan
Linkin Park
Hinder
Tonic
Matchbox Twenty
Tokio Hotel, and more....

[Updates to the LEAD GUITARIST Audition Dates]

1) Mon 31st March [2 available slots]

2) Mon 7th April [1 slot taken & 1 available slot]

3) Mon 14th April [2 available slots]

Interested LEAD GUITARIST, pls drop me a private message at our Facebook Band Page: www.facebook.com/chasinghorizon with your intro, name, age, race, music interest, & are you in any bands currently.

And which songs in the audition songs list above, you would like to try out with us. We look forward to hear from you soon. :)

2) Mon 7th April [1 slot taken & 1 available slot]

4) Mon 21st April [2 available slots]

Interested LEAD GUITARIST, pls drop me a private message at our Facebook Band Page: www.facebook.com/chasinghorizon with your intro, name, age, race, music interest, & are you in any bands currently.

And which songs in the audition songs list above, you would like to try out with us. We look forward to hear from you soon.

2) Mon 7th April [FULL. 2 slots taken]

And which songs in the audition songs list above, you would like to try out with us. We look forward to hear from you soon. Thx bros!! :)

2) Mon 7th April [1 slot taken. 1 available slot]

3) Mon 14th April [1 slot taken. 1 available slot]

And which songs in the audition songs list above, you would like to try out with us. We look forward to hear from you soon. Thx bros!!

3 Lead Guitar candidates currently. Thanks for writing in.

1) Mon 31st March [1 slot taken. 1 available slot]

2) Mon 7th April [1 slot taken. 1 available slot]

3) Mon 14th April [1 slot taken. 1 available slot]

And which songs in the audition songs list above, you would like to try out with us. We look forward to hear from you soon. Thx bros!!

We are entering into Phase 2 of the Lead Guitarist audition. We are still auditioning at the moment & have not finalized yet.

If you play rock on the guitar & able to handle guitar solos, and keen to join a 'serious hobby' rock band to perform in gigs, please write in at our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/chasinghorizon

Look forward to hear from you. :)

Back