warwick streamer or ernie ball stingray

Music_Man_SUB_Bass_black.jpg

you should consider the music man SUB bass... lots of spare change after buying it 8)

the sub bass sports a 2 band EQ preamp and stingray pups and electronics.

the main reason why the sub bass is much cheaper than the stingray is because of the bodywood and finish if i m not mistaken

i tried the sub last yr at davis, i think it was $950 then, dunno.. the colour (some shit kind of green) was weird and the tone was real weird..after playing around with it couldnt pinpoint the error, it sounded real...tinny! adjusted eq but nothing.. hmm maybe it was the strings.

still like the mm stingray's growl better

A MM stingray would cost you about 2.3k. You could try looking for a used model, but the condition would be questionable though. =)

orcfiend said:
i tried the sub last yr at davis, i think it was $950 then, dunno.. the colour (some shit kind of green) was weird and the tone was real weird..after playing around with it couldnt pinpoint the error, it sounded real...tinny! adjusted eq but nothing.. hmm maybe it was the strings.

still like the mm stingray's growl better

it seems that you've tried the passive model, the active version sounds much better. also, plug it into a decent amp...

stars said:
the sub bass sports a 2 band EQ preamp and stingray pups and electronics.

the main reason why the sub bass is much cheaper than the stingray is because of the bodywood and finish if i m not mistaken

the SUB does not sport a Sting Ray pickup in it. it is a humbucking unit similar to the SR's, but it's Music Man's own.

Back