valbee

eh hw much u pay for the valbee? i saw one last piece during the sale. was around 4. it was the display set ah. wanted to get it but saw the price tag. was 340+ or sth around there. abit over budget ah so i didnt get it. was tempted to though. read quite gd things abt it. wanted to reccomend it to my fren who had a fatter budget. but he quickly put it off coz of its small size :?

these amps get knocked around during shipment so the possibility is endless ...bring it back and ask sales person to try it out ...and please do it fast... :smt026

i always believe that a 12" driver equipped amp will manifest a good guitar tone. since you have a reputable multi-FX unit there, brand name won't matter much since you are not relying on the on-board FX. in this case, the ValBee won't give you 'extras' either (compared to your PC's offerings).

sub u mentioned bout the LC15R. Would the VC15 be a better choice? economically and performance with regards. I saw a VC15-110 manual during the sales, but the salesperson told me there isn't one (he told me valbee is 15w bcos its tube...)

are both LC15 and VC15 available at SL?

10" is the minimum driver size that amp buyers to look at for a fuller bass sound, not wattage, not build in effects and certainly not tubes.

I prefer 12" too.

Ripper said:
sub u mentioned bout the LC15R. Would the VC15 be a better choice? economically and performance with regards. I saw a VC15-110 manual during the sales, but the salesperson told me there isn't one (he told me valbee is 15w bcos its tube...)

are both LC15 and VC15 available at SL?

what blueark said.

the VC15, as correctly mentioned, has a vintage inclination BUT with the correct pedal supplement, it'll do modern voicing fine.

the ValBee is a mere 5W amp. the thing about low wattage units- you can crank it up & hear the power tube work hard, contributing to tone.

edder said:
10" is the minimum driver size that amp buyers to look at for a fuller bass sound, not wattage, not build in effects and certainly not tubes.

I prefer 12" too.
Speaking of speakers, anyone tried the Eminence Copperhead (10") or Ragin Cajun (10")?

10" usually have more pronounced mids. 12s are just bloody good to the low end. pre amp gain is usually a bit gritty and grainy, the power tube really rounds off the tone which sounds good when they are cranked.

Back