truss rod on bass

teleholic

hi i got an ibanez bass with the truss rod located at the bridge side near the pickups..for traditional nut area truss rods turn right is the tighten and left loosen, is this the same with my ibanez bass? it's reversed right? thanks..

Jem007 said:
hi i got an ibanez bass with the truss rod located at the bridge side near the pickups..for traditional nut area truss rods turn right is the tighten and left loosen, is this the same with my ibanez bass? it's reversed right? thanks..

Its always the same: looking at the truss rod nut (which means for your case looking from the bridge to the head), anti-clockwise to loosen, clockwise to tighten*. If in doubt, always loosen first. If it doesn't move either way easily, please send it to a tech. Not worth breaking the rod.

But DIY is rewarding, just don't turn if its too tight and you'll be ok. Sure beats paying $30 (or how much do they charge? I dunno) for a 1/2 turn of the rod.

* The ONLY time this is reversed is with some older Warwicks with player-removable truss-rods. But that's not your bass hehe...

Back