The real story of the Jackson SL2H...and subsequent flaming :-D

bardu

Hello all !

I see that the story of the Jackson SL2H has gotten some attention here... :-D
Well..it's not because I currently left Singapore that i like being bashed, so here's what happened.
Yes, as you guessed, I am the french guy mentionned here:
http://soft.com.sg/forum/music-kopi-tiam/131711-so-ive-been-flamed-hit-etc.html

I bought this guitar one and a half year ago to chae for 1.8K. It was a very nice deal with a very nice gentleman.
Recently, I had to go back to France, and to liquidate a few things before doing so (needed some cash). So I posted this 'WTS' thread
http://soft.com.sg/forum/guitar-buy-sell/129339-[wts]-gorgeous-jackson-usa-sl2h-[wts].html

Since I like honest deals, I posted the thread at the price of 'around 2K' , hoping to sell it around 1.8K (we all know how people like to negotiate around here). It looked honest to me since I bought it for 1.8K and had it serviced by Malcolm just months ago.

But then, Bobster came into the picture. He quickly began to harrass me about the guitar by sms, and a few things started to really annoy me:
* He was insisting so much that he was obvious he wanted the guitar to sell it for profit.
* He tried to lie to me, telling me to trade my guitar for his 'same value' Fender...that he was selling...for 1.2K on this same forum.
Well after subsequently checking his posts, it was obvious that he liked to buy things and resell for profit here anyway.

I don't have problem with people making a living...but this is supposed to be a forum for musicians, not a forum to extort others. This is why I hated it when bobster said 'It's the guitar I really really want to play metal...i'm honestly interested' etc... while all he wanted was to make a profit.
I prefer to deal with musicians that pepole interested in profit...For instance, the initial deal with Chae was a pleasure. But when people are blatant liars about it and interested only in money...it p*sses me off. It just shows huge disrepect for the guy you're dealing with...and this is just for money.

Of course I had no proof of that...until the guy tried to make a HUGE profit on it like 2 days after buying it :-D , right here:
http://soft.com.sg/forum/guitar-buy-sell/131600-fs-jackson-custom-shop-usa-sl2h-soloist.html
Way to go...sell the guitar you wanted so much just few days after begging to have it.
And I say huge profit because he got the guitar for: 1 Fender worth 1K+1 Boss pedal+600 SGD. Tell me how this is supposed to add up to 3.2K :-D.

So I knew for sure that his 'I really want this guitar to play metal...please please sell it to me' were only lies. But it was so blatant from the start :-D . Now he's just pissed off that he couldn't extort someone of 1K as he initially intended to...

------------------

About the guitar itself, you can refer to my initial 'WTS' thread for actual information, everything is there:
*It's good condition, but certainly not mint (has some rust, marks etc)
*Has some fretwear, even though still very playable
*NO it's NOT carved top... Jackson soloists are flat top. Do you even know what 'carved top' is, Bobster?
*No it's not a limited edition, it's a standard SL2H. Still quite good though, since at the time it was made by the same luthiers, and in the same place as the custom shops.

Overall, still very good guitar, a good deal for 1.8-2K. But 3.2K is thinking people are dumb... And you tried to this with me already bobster... but now you should know that people are not always stupid^^.

basket - b4 i opened this thread I tot it was some "revealing" story about Michael Jackson or the Jackson Five..

skali ..... :confused:

basket - b4 i opened this thread I tot it was some "revealing" story about Michael Jackson or the Jackson Five..

skali ..... :confused:

Ha me too. I thought some untold secrets of MJ are to be revealed here. :???:

unfortunately, i'm not familiar with jacksons, cos they just dont rock my boat.

but i am familiar with bobster personally, and from what i know i cant imagine why he would want to earn a profit out of anything. he's not desperate for money, he's done countless deals on soft, and on tgp.

i'm hoping to hear ur side of the story bob.

Darn, I thought it was about MJ but sadly we are watching one of the most dramatic real life soap dramas ever on soft. The other was about a fake Gibson and now this. Now I know why I enjoy visiting soft and never have to watch the so called infernal box called the television. ;P

C'mon, stop sidetracking already! Get back to the original topic. MJ, the poor bear and India can RIP. And where is Bobster? We want his explaination. This is mucho serious business guys, a matter of epic proportion. :D

Last edited:
Right.....................................

Ok. We'll all sit around & wait for Bobster to come vindicate himself.

Last edited:
How much Bob want to sell it for is his problem.
If people want to pay his asking price ... good for him.

As far as I can see, there is only 1 problem and that is, Bob's ads sounds like he bought it for 2.5k euro over at french instead of trading his stuff + cash from a french guy :mrgreen:.

But what I find disturbing is that people jump on chae when all he's doing is telling us the true story about the guitar.

How much Bob want to sell it for is his problem.
If people want to pay his asking price ... good for him.

But what I find disturbing is that people jump on chae when all he's doing is telling us the true story about the guitar.

...totally second this. Like most, I've been keeping an eye on how this 'story' develops. chae's post was just informing prospective buyers to be aware. Personally, I found it helpful.

I've posted what i need to say back at my thread, read it.

Mr French guy - you're a helluva story maker... and yes, go ahead and encourage flaming since from what i've seen, is something you're really good at without substantiated facts.

Back