The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

Lol i was pretty impressed with Robben........the way he kept drawing fouls, getting up and drawing more. He really played his part today.

wow, hand of god part 2! shades of a similar stunt by marco van basten years back.
suarez the saviour! well played
:)

There should be an amenmdment to the rule(s);

If a player deliberately handles a goal-bound attempt, not only should he be sent off, he should be heavily fined& the goal should be given without the need for a penalty. In rugby, it is called a penalty try.

SUarez may be a 'saviour' but that is the most unsportmanship-like behaviour next to injuring some one with malice intent.

I agree with the un-sportsmanship behavior but I guess its just part and parcel of football.

too many unfair and Grey areas in football that has to be covered to make it a fair sport but then again, what if these were all ironed out?

Imagine having to stop and wait for officials to decide on an instant replay to decide if it's a goal / foul / throw in / goal kick / corner / booking / simulation / handball / ball to hand and the list goes on. Thats definitely a momentum breaker to the game and the viewers. The slightest un sportsmanship behavior will see the player get a straight red.

Like some say, Rugby is a gentleman's game and football is a hooligan's game.

Would we still love football if it became a gentleman's game?
Be it bad decisions or bad behavior on the pitch but we still move on to watch the next match.
It's like a soap opera.
hehe
:)

True that JunkieBro...

Aight tonight how?

I'm not gonna predict the Argentina/Germany game but I'll try my luck with Paraguay/Spain:

HT 0 - 1/ FT 2 - 1 to Paraguay

Wow you're quite bold dude...........predicting a Paraguay win over Spain. I'll go with the favourites, Spain, to win by 3 goals to 1 after FT. As for Germany Argentina, i only predict that there will be at least 3 goals.

My Prediction for tonight:

Argentina - Germany : HT 0 - 1 / FT 1 - 3

Paraguay - Spain : HT 0 - 0 / FT 1 - 1 / Extra time 1 -1 / Penalties to Spain

Wonder if there will be more red cards tonight...
:D

As Pantera puts it:
A Vulgar Display Of Power.

What an exhibition of football by the Germans.

That's my world cup finals.

Good luck FGL..

GERMANY INTO THE SEMI-FINALS over 4-0 Win against Argentina!

Wow!

Yup! GERMANY!!!! GERMANY!!!!GERMANY!!!!!

Hopefully they would do well in The Semi-Finals...

Amazingly Netherlands got a win over Brazil....Wow!

99 Luft Balloons Go by!!!!!!!!!

She's A Model And She's Looking Good!!!!!

AAAAAAAhhhhh....Kraftwerk, Nena, Nina Hagen, ATB, Sandra, Michael Cretu....Great Music brewed in German Recording Studios!!!!!

GERMANY INTO THE SEMI-FINALS over 4-0 Win against Argentina!

Wow!

Yup! GERMANY!!!! GERMANY!!!!GERMANY!!!!!

Hopefully they would do well in The Semi-Finals...

Amazingly Netherlands got a win over Brazil....Wow!

99 Luft Balloons Go by!!!!!!!!!

She's A Model And She's Looking Good!!!!!

AAAAAAAhhhhh....Kraftwerk, Nena, Nina Hagen, ATB, Sandra, Michael Cretu....Great Music brewed in German Recording Studios!!!!!

Also remember Becks beer, Erdinger Beer, Kreator, Rammstein, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi

Back