The Lard Brothers – The Super Lard Bros OST

AgingYouth

The Lard Brothers – The Super Lard Bros OST (Aging Youth Records AYR CD-09)

l_0bf17359c653490db6e15c41867d17b4.jpg

The Super Lard Bros OST is conceptualised as a soundtrack to an imaginary console game. The game is a rehash of games in the 80’s Nintendo side-scrolling classics such as Super Mario Brothers and Double Dragon. Being working middle-class adults, the duo known as The Lard Brothers do not have the resources to develop the game.

However, they manage to only come out with the soundtrack which is an album of remixes of Singapore music acts.

Each remix is a re-imagination of the original tune, reconceptualising rock songs and electronic lullabies into hip-hop tunes. Unlike its predecessor Forest Action Team which is a mixbag of originals and covers of Singapore indie bands, The Super Lard Bros OST is purely a remix project. However, what both albums have in common is that they are released on National Day and for free as well.

Amidst recording the follow-up album to 2008’s Forest Action Team with 2 new members, The Lard Brothers decide to take some time off to work on a remix project. As with their love for old games, the album cover (done by local game designer Tan Teck Lee) and design is a throwback to 80's Nintendo 8-bit games like Super Mario Bros and Double Dragon.

The album is released online via the Lard Brothers MySpace page and can be downloaded for free from National Day, Sunday 9 August 2009 onwards. The Super Lard Bros OST is produced and recorded at the Love Studios.

Track listing:

1. My Grandmother Can Remix Better Than You, Fatboy!
2. Lunarin – Ariel (File Under Easy Listening remix)
3. The Great Spy Experiment – Flow (G.E.E.K remix)
4. You And Whose Army? – Misplaced (The ‘Place’ remix)
5. I \ D – Hot Boy (Meets Hot Girl remix)
6. Breakbeat Theory – Serial Killers (Love You remix)
7. DJ KoFlow – Bank St. (I Miss Her remix)
8. amberhaze – Crush (Heartbroken remix)
9. Camra – White Hearts Lane (New Shop Mode remix)

Back