The Ernie Ball Music Man Thread

Ripper

Yo all beloved Music Man owners out there, I have wanted to do this since Dec 06. Think its a good time to start now, and hope all you guyz come in and contribute photos of your babies. Keep this thread alive, I know non-Ibanez and Fender/Gibson threads get buried easily...

My contribution :lol: :

Albert Lee SSS Cherry Burst & SM Y2D Purple Sunset
ebmm_family.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Albert Lee SSS Cherry Burst Hardtail
al_sss.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Steve Morse Y2D Purple Sunset Standard Bridge
sm_y2d.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Preety geetars....nice. Did you get then locally (eg. sinamex) or from overseas?

Hey, I play with EBMM too.......the slinky string. :lol:

it's satin + granular- i have this thing for satin finished units, this SUB1 is too good to pass...

i had plans for another, single humbucking SUB1 but i guess i wasn't fated to own it...

Sub - Why not? By the way, I used to see some SUB displaying over at Davies. Are they still bringing them in?

All I have now is an invoice :lol:

Subs came in single hum? Get a Benji Madden if you really want one Silo with one humbucker pickup.

Love the AL! Maybe I'll hold out for the BFR 8)

EBMM got their guitar parts made in China, and shipping it over to SLO to have it assembled, due to raising cost of materials in China, for every guitar they sold, they made a loss. Hence the decision to discontinue it.

Rossie - I don't think the SUB line was discontinued bcos of rising cost of material from China. This is what I read from answers.com:

"The 'SUB' line was launched to prove that a quality instrument without the bells and whistles could be made in the USA. The product was a success and helped Music Man when its main price point was in a slump. Sterling Ball has commented that, due to the quickly growing $1,000+ segment of the guitar industry, there have been fewer and fewer SUBs in production each year. This line was made at the same plant that makes the higher priced models, but was discontinued in September, 2006."

Therefore, when production is running and yet items not selling, it will deem more expensive to build. Another excerpt:

"The Music Man SUB1 guitar is a lower-cost addition to a family of famously well-made guitars. Its finish is a hard industrial material that has a nice texture but no frills. Colors are basic: black, grey, and blue. The SUB1 comes either with one humbucker at the bridge or with one at the bridge and neck. This guitar was discontinued because it cost too much to build at Ernie Ball's San Luis Obispo factory"

I would rather believe what Sterling Ball posted rather than answer.com.

Look up the EBMM forums.

Back