Sweet spot of the Drum Pedal

joshie

Hm dont know if you guys have this problem like me. Everytime i get my foot on the pedal i tend to be unable to execute a bass drum stroke properly till i get my foot in "that" position. It may be my technique that has gone wrong, or maybe some bad habit i picked up. Or could it be that every drummer has a sweet spot on the drum pedal?

yeah man there is such a thing as a "sweet spot" on your pedals.

but i guess for me, i just play without thinking much. the more i stress myself out about my feet on the pedals or whatever, the more im gonna screw it up. i just let loose my leg and play however feels comfortable for me.

just play la bro. ur body will react naturally

Joshie me too and I guess it's different for any of us. The important thing is "Play whichever is most comfortable to you".....but when practicing (my own opinion)...I try to practice using both Heels-Up and flat foot...to get use to both - some drummers are so used to heels-up that they cannot play using flat-foot and vice-versa....both are correct..

But I have a very valuable advice from a drum instructor (not my current one). He advice me to use "Standard Pedal" for any practice....don't use good pedal eg Iron Cobra and such as those Fast-Pedals.

I think he is correct, because all too often, when we go to any studio or imagine you are invited to Jam with a live-band in a club...we might not have the luxury to have our own kind of pedal...so Practice playing on standard pedal...practice playing on any kinds of kit - is ideal.

Back