string tree problem?

bf0502tr

recently the string tree on my strat has been giving me problems with my tuning. its got nothing to do with tuning stability but when i retune the b and high e strings, i have to clear the strings off the string tree 1st b4 turning the tuning peg, then clear the strings off the tree again. not sure if anyone has had this problem b4, but is it something to do with the string tree?? its never happened before in the whole 1 year i've been playing this strat -_- any help would be appreciated, thx :)

ps. i've realized that some fenders use string rollers now instead of string trees, is that due to this problem occuring?? o_O

maybe the strings are getting stuck thanks to dirt or rust at the string tree, or maybe the tree is set too low into the headstock.

Have you tried lubricating the string tree first? Put a drop of vaseline under the tree, or some graphite (from a pencil) onto the string that contacts the tree. i used to do this for my strats..

If its really causing u problems remove the string trees and find some staggered tuners to compensate for the break angle at the nut.

maybe the strings are getting stuck thanks to dirt or rust at the string tree, or maybe the tree is set too low into the headstock.

Have you tried lubricating the string tree first? Put a drop of vaseline under the tree, or some graphite (from a pencil) onto the string that contacts the tree. i used to do this for my strats..

thanks for ur suggestion, i'll give it a try :)

Back