stop playing the bass...

It's ok, I didn't take offense. Chill, people. :) My maths teacher long time ago often said, "if you can't understand this concept, please jump down from here." Haha!.

Yeah, I agree about when the bass is not there, something is missing. When I jam in studios with poor acoustics, I usually feel that the sound is incomplete because I can't feel or hear the bass. I'm always telling my bassist to either up his volume or up his treble.

three pages of replies....man....and i was only joking about the 'electric tambourine'...a thread about nothing that became something.....

we sure have lots of bored musos here.......including myself....

see james....i got something out of nothing again....

Too many young people today don't realize the significance of playing the electric tambourine. Sure lots of bands try to get by with one less percussionist but they sound flat and empty. Schools and teachers need to reinforce basic electric tambourine theory. The problem is we need more instructors.

As far as bass players, there are all ready too many. The more people playing electric tambourine and not bass, the more work there is for the rest of us bass players.

I just saw a concert by 劉家昌(LIU JIA CHANG), the drummer is Jimmy Lee and there was this other percussionist who played the Roland SPD. Guess what sound is he using?

ans: Tambourine

james...??? electric tambourine? come la....it was a joke....like you know we all say,,,'tabla karan'???

lets see a pic then?

strip two live wire & zap the tamborine player while he is playing - should get same tone with back up / harmony screams

Back