Squier Jagmaster Vista Series (CIJ)

marlonmm

DSC01360.jpg

I recently got the CIJ sunburst jagmaster vista series from ebay. Used condition. Changed the strings and did some adjustments on the neck and action, now it's plays better. 24" scale, basswood body, fretboard is not excellent but above average. Features are simple: 1 toggle switch to select neck, neck and bridge, and bridge pickup. 1 volume and 1 tone knob. Very simplistic.

Clean, the sound I got is between a strat and les paul (it's only me, others may hear differently). Dirty, it roars but notes are still clear. Used with OD-3(gain at 11 o'clock), I can get an ac/dc tone even from my 15-watt amp! Pretty loud compared to my Mustang. Pick-up is good, not crappy. Though I may later upgrade the pickups to a Seymour Duncan SH4 and SH2.

For a 10 year-old guitar, the glossiness has faded and had some few dings but that's fine. It gives the guitar it's attitude! I would give it a 9 if not for the visible wood joints. I think it's a 3 piece wood glued together. The 7.25 radius neck(i think) is comfy to play but not for guys with big fingers. Body is wider that a mustang or strat but very comfortable to play due to the body contours. more comfortable than my mustang.

Overall, it's a fun guitar to play. I can play surf, grunge and punk with this guitar. I waited for months to get this and I never did regret having this guitar!

sound = 9
features = 8
action/finish/feel = 7
reliability = 9 (for an old guitar, still plays nice)
overall = 9

Jagmaster image by kurt519_ph on Photobucket

Disclaimer:
Hi guys. I'm no guru when it comes to guitars. Therefore I can't do ala subversion style review (I really like all his reviews!).;) Here is just my 2 cents worth of opinion regarding this guitar. This is for all of us who are not a strat, tele or les paul guys.

For now, my obsession is with Fender offset guitars. BTW, I've posted the same review at jag-stang.com.

Last edited:
Therefore I can't do ala subversion style review (I really like all his reviews!).;) Here is just my 2 cents worth of opinion regarding this guitar.

let that be the least of your worries, your input is much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Enquire

Yo dude..I'm going to purchase a guitar too at ebay but I need some tips from you if you dont mind dude.How much you pay for all of it as in the shipping.The steps that you take to ensure it arrives safely.Any additional charges?And does it deliver directly to your doorstep?Does the guitar comes in any boxes or something? I appreciate it if you could reply me a.s.ap dude...Thanks.

i got it off ebay for USD250...plus shippin n all...around 400? yeh...it's here in my room rite now. Came with a box...safely wrapped and couriered to my doorstep.

Back