special singapore versions of cd's

nitrovo said:
Well she didn't buy a cheaper version afaik. Just normal one that the government hacked to bits.

I might give it ago tomorrow or something and buy one... anyone heard snowpatrol? any good? i wanna hear em.

Snow Patrol...well, i maybe wrong...but its a cross between the sappiness of James Blunt plus with the ambietic sounds of Coldplay...in short...some sort of Brit Pop Ballad Band

nitrovo said:
Apparantly my friend bought blink 182 greatest hits or some blink cd and alot of the song was silenced out, so she had to buy it again when she holidayed in Aussie.

I had that problem with Take Off Your Pants And Jacket. All vulgarities were silenced out...booklet was fine though, not a foldout, but the album didn't include the "bonus tracks"...

Impromptu said:
AEnimic said:
meaning that the songs will be the same?!

i'm scared Singapore versions will have more censorship y'know...

how to censor a song? :roll:
so you will hear 'peeeeeeeeeep' in the middle of a song? :lol:
wah. Imagine if they censor 'Family Reunion" by Blink182 beep throught almost the whole song...

worse thing i ever encountered with censorship, i bought slipknot's 'iowa' cd, and yeah, the whole cd was censored out. listening to 'people = shit', you can imagine how stupid it sounds, the music goes on but they blank out the vocals for the word 'shit'.VERY NO KICK.

lesson learnt, never go *this certain cd shop* to get cds. inokii is the way to go.

Interesting. I think Taiwan also has a similar way of releasing albums - their local+foreign albums are usually made in Taiwan with extra Chinese character packaging for a lower price.

Censorship is really really pointless. We need to move on. The average teenager knows the basic foul words already - it's just a matter of usage and being linguistically responsible (in different situations).

Back