special singapore versions of cd's

nitrovo

I was in HMV yesterday and noticed there are alot of CD's witha silver lable saying they are a special singapore edition or something, with each album costing about $12 and next to it is the original costing $20.

Whats the diff? the covers look exactly the same. have they been cencored and the songs butchered up getting rid of the swearing and anti religious stuff or what?

THERE IS 8O
i've seen imported one's costing more
but not singapore one's costing less.

yeah man ive enver seen em before.. and I cant think of any examples right now, but most were chart albums.

The CDs are probably printed in Singapore so in which u take off the cost shipping thus the cheaper pricing.

One gd example are the later Opeth's albums (Blackwater Park onwards).

Cant beat the China printed ones though...

yeah i saw them around too, it's very good news for cd buyers! i saw 2 identical jeff beck albums at borders; one was priced at $12.90 the other was priced at $29.90. when i asked regarding the difference in pricing the staff told me that the more expensive version was imported. of course i took the 12.90 one la :lol:

nitrovo said:
Whats the diff? the covers look exactly the same. have they been cencored and the songs butchered up getting rid of the swearing and anti religious stuff or what?

maybe the singapore version is sung in singlish :lol: like that 'nong nong time ago' version. :lol:

I have been seeing a lot of this 'Singapore edition' CDs. I think one of the differences - the booklet has been simplfied. So I think most of these Cds have a 2-fold booklet, instead of multiple pages that youd normally find in normal editions. I'm not sure if there's a difference in sound quality (the mastering process).

Chinatown (Visma) sells these 'Singapore editions' for $9.90.

woah this is an interesting topic...

anyone ever realised the difference between singapore and foreign versions? i mean in sound terms..

Ahh yeah in Australia there are some shops selling cd's for $10.. you can get lucky and get a full booklet one or just a little fold out. Still the same cd though.

meaning that the songs will be the same?!

i'm scared Singapore versions will have more censorship y'know...

AEnimic said:
meaning that the songs will be the same?!

i'm scared Singapore versions will have more censorship y'know...

how to censor a song? :roll:
so you will hear 'peeeeeeeeeep' in the middle of a song? :lol:

Apparantly my friend bought blink 182 greatest hits or some blink cd and alot of the song was silenced out, so she had to buy it again when she holidayed in Aussie.

Well she didn't buy a cheaper version afaik. Just normal one that the government hacked to bits.

I might give it ago tomorrow or something and buy one... anyone heard snowpatrol? any good? i wanna hear em.

nitrovo said:
Apparantly my friend bought blink 182 greatest hits or some blink cd and alot of the song was silenced out, so she had to buy it again when she holidayed in Aussie.

hahaha if the mark tom and travis show (live album) was censored..gosh that would have alot of *beep*

Back