SOFT website is upgrading (Dec 07)

soft

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all

Last night at about 2am, SOFT experienced a hiccup at the server and caused some of our code to error. After 6 hours of trying to find out what was the problem, I decided to upgrade the whole site to the lastest software version.

As you can see, things are not as pretty yet but I am slowly getting there.

Thank you for you patience.

James
www.soft.com.sg

Notes:

1. Please note that SOFT has changed it's URL from www.soft.com.sg/new to www.soft.com.sg/2006

2. The Classified Ads section will be implemented when I have stabalised the site.

subversion, ha..ha.. i have learnt my lessons!!! I got back up all the stuff every night. ha..ha..

just need some time to put everything back nicely.

thanks guys!

hehe. we appreciate SOFT site lah. can see already very happy. you can make pretty pretty again later. we know you very busy. :wink:

wahlao!!!
i was kanciong-ing sia last nite.
tried and tried but kept seeing this error code or sumthin.
luckily the site is back.
so, yeah. take u'r time james. :D

james - food for thought - was the website having problems because of SQL? I suspect a " or ' was processed as an SQL query without being double appended ("" or '').

thor666 - good point, must get all the latest patch.

echoist - ha..ha.. ok, if like that can already then i go sleep now.

anep - sorry to cause your sleepless night. sweat dreams tonight ok.

mikemann - "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". haiz... but now... work work

duskalways - come come, give me suggestions to make beautiful SOFT

wangdexian - hire you to promote SOFT can?

The Classified Ads section will be implemented when I have stabalised the site.

yo james, aiyah just realized. i thot soft was down the last couple days!!! until i decided to key in the webbie instead of using the old address from my favorites list...! keke.
nice. i like it better now. neater. but thks for keeping the site alive and kicking. cheers!

fibredrive

that's the response i get from other SOFTies too! some emailed me and said they can't access the website. Upon futher investigation, quite a few of them were using the Favorites.

i have to change the site from www.soft.com.sg/new to www.soft.com.sg/2006 coz i need to do a brand new install.

help me to spread the news oki.

wow i just came back from hong kong been missing on soft for 1 week. I kept trying old address it didnt seemed to work until i refresh my browser. The stupid cookies in browser kept displaying the old page and i click on it nothing came out , i thought soft shut down..

thankfully it didnt :D

Back