soft.com.sg need volunteers!

soft

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone

soft.com.sg is slowly but surely growing little by little. This could not have happened if not for you - the user's support. As we try to build up the site, we need volunteers who would like to join us and make soft.com.sg even better! Some of the expertise we need but not limited to are;
  • - Editorial
    - Music/Gigs Reviewer
    - Graphic Designers
    - Computer programmer
    - Marketing/Promotion
    - Crew(Audio/Video)
Please email me your interest and a little about yourself. Or if you have other talents and like to get involved, please do not hesitate to contact me too.

Please write to info@soft.com.sg

All are welcome!

James Woo

I also would love to help review stuff..
/write abit of material/ anything to help out the local scene.

Hi James,

I can do the Editorial and be an Audio/Video Crew..Also I am good on Video Editing (Avid / Final Cut Pro / Edit Suites)

Also have sound working knowledge and training with years of experience in Protools, Logic and Midi Sequencing..

Take me as a count..

Thank you all who dropped a note on this thread.

hofner: Glad that you finally got your Z3. It is a great camera. If you got any gigs photos, please send them to me and we can upload it to our gallery! Or if you like, you can always join me when I go taking photos at gigs.

hifi_killer: Ah-hem, I am very happy to say that our forum are filled with great people who respect themselves and others. So far, no need to moderate but what we REALLY need is fellow users to blow the whistle if they see anything amiss. Also we need people to contribute information based on their expert knowledge.

Joel68: Would you like to do an article on Home Recording? Give the low down on what’s available in the market currently. Best is if there are pictures/diagrams to go with it. Budget/Equipment/SignalFlow/Procedure/Tips

Lohcheekeong: Would definitely love to have you help out on the music/gig review and gig/band shoot. Are there any gigs that you intend to check out?

Have I left anyone out?

Ha..ha.. you bet!

Special task force

Lifehouse and seekz: There’s this thing about knowing the past in order to move into the future. The Singapore music scene might be small but every now and then, there are some bands or solo artist who somehow managed to put in all their means and make an album of their works. It would be great to recognize them and put them into the hall of fame on our website. This is definitely a huge task. Gathering information from friends, Internet, record shops and even posting in soft.com.sg forum.

Let me know if you are interested in this topic. Or, if you have other suggestions?

After all, S.O.F.T. = Sound of Friends Together

James

Ps. There are some shy volunteers who emailed me and proposed excellent ideas. In due time, I would want to recognize their contribution. (When they not so shy :wink: )

dear all

i am sure you guys noticed that there are quite a number of gigs coming up and we need volunteers to help capture these 8O moments!

Please note, this is a volunteer thingy. Full credit will be given to you as the photographer. Image will be stamped with your name and the usual "www.soft.com.sg".

Before you say, "I want I want". Take a look at the images in the Gallery. You should be able to take better picture than those that I took okie. :wink:

Be prepared to stand for 5 hours, blasted with loud speakers, sweat flow like water and 2 hours sorting the blur pix from the blurer pix. Ya, it is really that tough. So next time you see a person with a camera, please pat his/her back and say, "Good job!" :lol:

If you are keen on taking photos, email me! info@soft.com.sg

i'm not particularly great, but i don't mind doing some graphics for the site... but i probably can't make it to events to get photos.

ha..ha... i welcome volunteers in all ways. what graphics do you have in mind?

synthman said:
hi there,

I'd like to be a music/gig reviewer but what's the qualifications?

rdgs,
john

just sent you a PM with my mobile number, please call me.

james

Heyz yan dao aka THE SOFTMAN...are u by any way related to softee?:D:D Juz playing mate...oh yea I would like to volunteer for the gig/music reviewer...hahaz..we should use the post name "local music connoiseur/s".....hahaz....would earn us the respect we DUN deserve!:D
Anyway....if this pique ur interest drop me a PM or something...Cheers!

the role of a marketing/promotion position?

help to let more people know about this website. cause every now and then, i meet people who need information that are so abundant on this website but they just never knew about it.

i am all ear to hear out your ideas! the challenge is "Maxi Result at Mini Cost"

i can draw fairly well... and i do some computer graphics on photoshop... mostly color-correction for my photoes or my friend's photoes... seldom do very funky, out-of-this-world, alien, patterns...

soft said:
the role of a marketing/promotion position?

well from my experiences as a senior volunteer at southeast CDC this is wad we usually do.during any events organised by them , there will always be a small booth called the "volunteer recruitment drive booth".basically wad we do is grab a stack of application forms wif a pen of course and go around asking people to become volunteers of southeast CDC.

so mr soft , maybe wad soft.com.sg can do is get contacts of the organisers for upcoming gigs and ask them whether soft could set up a small booth during the gig or any event dat has some musical essence in it and promote soft.com.sg to the people.like maybe get some volunteers to explain to them more about soft.com.sg.

PS: mr soft , if u're thinking of introducing free gifts (for instance soft.com.sg plush toys) as an investment to grab more members for soft.com.sg , my advice is dat u will attract the wrong crowd and all of a sudden u will notice dat there are more aunties and ah mahs as compared to other audiences of a different age group during the gig....juz imagine the TOTO big sweep 10 million prize crowd at ur nearby singapore pools outlet...now i guess dat could be a possible outcome....

that's my idea....wad u people think?

Back