Slash's solo album - Slash

JOSH83

Slash-Album-Cover.jpg

Hi Guys,

Anyone of u bought the album yet? Any review or comments bout the album.
I had a chance to listen to it. So here goes my own review of the album :)

Ghost - The opening riffs were amazing. It was a suitable song to start the album with, And it makes u wants to listen more to all the songs.

The next song song that follows was him teaming up with Ozzy Osbourne Crucify The Dead. With Strong riffs and Ozzy unique voice. U know its Ozzy.

Up next is Fergie’s on Beautiful Dangerous. This song totally rocks. Here u see Fergie breaking away from the pop/rap genre. I personally feel her voice goes well with the song. A tinge of laziness in the verse, then her usual rappy part for the pre chorus, then comes the "Bang! The chorus" Makes u think she's more suitable for Rock!

Back From Cali - Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge collaboration with Slash. with a classic old sch intro. This song brings back memories of the oLD sch era with a tinge of modern in it.

Up next Promise featuring Chris Cornell. A very jumpy song cos of the jumpy riffs. With the falsetto of chris, it bring u to another level of "highnest" at the chorus. Quite catchy song though. :)

By The Sword opens with a little acoustic riff. Here we have the instant recognisable voice of Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother. It really makes this song very his own. And here we have slash playing his Wah-wah Solos, very very ladylike mild to a bit more heavy.

Gotten - a ballad moment after listening to so many heavy tracks. A light with a tinge of pop maybe attributed to Maroon 5’s Adam Levine feel. A gd song to be inserted, makes u relaxed and take a break after all the overdrives and distortions.

So after a relaxing song then comes next Doctor Alibi, a punk/rock fusion more of a back to roots for Slash and with Lemmy Kilmister on vocals just amazing. A good Let loose song for guys after a long day at work to listen and let loose and rock!

Watch This Dave featuring Dave Grohl and Duff McKagan on drum and bass duties. An instrumental track. Very heavy and here we see Slash coming in with his solos, Its like saying, now's my turn to sing! With the guitar! Here my guitar sing! Combination of solos, with wah wahs and lotsa slash sig solo u always hear... Heavy to light to heavy! Dave of the drums also rocks.. Awesome!

I Hold On - Classic riffs intro changing into a bit of different feel into the chorus. Which makes the song really unique and on its own. Catchy on the verse too with Kid Rock is on the vocals. Personally a bit country feel for me though :p

Then we have the heavy Nothing To Say M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold with Slash. With very chucky riffs for the intro. Makes the song tuning a bit to metal in the verse, but tuning back to rock after. Here we have Slash with his fast solos, fast but not much meaning though.

Starlight features Myles Kennedy again. Very catchy tune at the chorus, but then again, some say this song is very Alter Bridge. Well, i guess to each his own. :)

Saint Is A Sinner Too Features Rocco De Luca. Mild slow song again maybe to cool the listeners ears. With the acoustic guitar in now. But i personally feel its a bit draggy though.

We’re All Gonna Die The legendary Iggy Pop with Slash. With Iggy, u can expect the song will have loud Punk Riffs, loud Choruses and an amazing solo.

Chains and Shackles features Nick Oliveri. Its more to metal as compared to the rest of the song personally i feel. Heavy riffs and loud vocals.
Probably Slash wants to end big!

Overall, i'll give a 8/10.

Some say its Slash back to his basics or roots. Personally i feel, its not really just Slash alone. Its a collaboration with the various artists and i feel every song has its own uniqueness with outputs from both the artist and Slash. Its not just Slash writing a song and ask someone else to just sing it for him. Its a Collaboration.

Guess it'll be really amazing to see him on tour for his new album cos there's so many artists! So it'll be a great show!

Cheers! Peace :)

i actually wanted to reserve a UK special edition (collab with Classic Rock mag) but inokii told me it was a UK exclusive so they dont export.

then i sourced out to my friend in UK to find for me, she told me the day it was released, it got sold out.

DAMN!

Wow! UK Version. Sold out on the day of release? Gosh! Its really fast. Hot Stuff i guess. Slash is really popular.
Plus i guess its the highly anticipated album from him so its natural that its sold so fast.

now u can imagine how filthy rich he is,

i only heard watch this, they gave that track free through facebook... pretty amazing, and Slash haven't lost his skills... hope to get his album soon... :p

Yea, I gotta agree, Slash damn rich. He owe multiple guitars. And even though Gibson makes guitars for him, he still love to use his 59' replica. Irony though.
Plus with all his side projects.. Man! The amt of $$..
Make u wanna be a Rockstar too..

And yea, he's skills are still awesome!

Wow! UK Version. Sold out on the day of release? Gosh! Its really fast. Hot Stuff i guess. Slash is really popular.
Plus i guess its the highly anticipated album from him so its natural that its sold so fast.

the reason is cos its a very limited edition i think only 1000 copies. it comes with an A2 poster of slash, with a slash pin, patch and a 100+ pages magazine on slash.

Redsun: i saw someone selling it on soft last week or 2 weeks ago, maybe you could hunt for it haha.

Anybody knows when is it going to be out in sg??

It's already been released here for about a week now. I bought it at HMV @ 313 for $18.95. Good stuff! I hope he makes a small stop over Singapore. One can only dream, haha.

Haha.. YEa, IT'll be a dream come true if he comes to Sg to promote his album.. Seeing Slash in person will be a dream come true to many :)

Back