SingTel has won exclusive rights to broadcast UEFA Champions League! NOOoooo!!!!!!!!!

junkiemanxl

Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) has won exclusive rights to broadcast UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup 2009-2012 on its mobile, internet and mio TV platforms.

You guys smell what's to come?
Pay more $$$ to watch champions league in 2009 is kinda crappy knowing that i've already paid a price hike to SCV for their sports channel. Now i've gotta subscribe to singtel as well if i wanna watch some champions league football from 2009 onwards.

I think it's just plain crappy for football lovers out there. Especially if you love the champions league.

Since starhub won't have exclusive rights to the champions league next year, I'll doubt they will revise their sports package and give us our freaking money back either!! A pro rate would be good!! But i guess in the world we live in, What goes up might not come down. Especially if it's about $$$.

Well guys, What's your take?

Would you subscribe to singtel just so you can watch the Champions League?

:mad:

lucky for me i have no interest in football at all. dunnoe why, football and me never cliqued! haha

This is soooooooooooooo losing money, pay never increase, standard of living increase, walao wei

Heh.. GST and inflation.. How wonderful! :mrgreen:
*Sarcasm intended*

Lucky for me.. I ain't a fan of watching soccer.. Only in playing!

another price hike. Looks like this is a vicious cycle of companies outbidding each other to hold the rights, only to pass on the higher costs to the consumers. First Starhub, now Singtel. Personally, I would not subscribe to MIO.

singtel people went house to house to get people to sign to mio. And my dad's kinda interested:( they're really trowing a lot of free stuff to get people to sign to them.

if they ever come to my house im gonna throw a chopper down their chest.thats for trying to cheat money with advertising.its conning in a disguised way.

Obviously they have to keep throwing free stuff at people to get them to sign up.

The reliability of the system is severely questionable. My friends who have already subscribed to Mio are uncontactable on their home phone lines 80% of the time.

Back