singing in sg transport?

I do that all the time in Melbourne (guitar and singing).. but I'm too chicken in Singapore. I'm scared that if I'm caught there'll be a $5000 fine, 6 strokes of the rattan followed by death by hanging :p And then I'm sure they would strip the body of PR status and deport it.

In Melbourne most people ignore me, but I had a few people say they enjoyed listening.

Wow, an interesting topic being brought up. :)

Whatlah Project will be in some random MRT train for a mini gig in the train.

Pure Acoustic. Thats All :p Who wanna be part of it?

Aiyah,why are you shy to display the talent~? It is ok to rubba rubba each other in MRT,why not sing?

Hrmm depends on the situation lah. Its not a matter of shyness or what, more like causing discomfort to the people around you. Like those people who like to blast their loud music with hps on buses and mrts effectively forcing everyone to listen to the music.

I think the bottomline is being considerate to others, you may have a great track to play, a great voice to boot but not everyone digs them or is in the mood to listen at that point of time.

I don't think it'll be inconsiderate if the music or songs we're singing is like.. relaxing or sentimental. Yknow? I mean.. I think even the crankiest old man on the train would welcome a mini-diversion into someone singing Que Sera, Sera.

Besides.. seeing how everyone is so stressed these days..
A random soft acoustic song echoeing through the public transport can be a good thing :)

I just think we shouldn't sing / play too loud though. If anyone's interested for a listen, they'll come to you. That way it won't be so much of bugging anyone..

No offence intended. One man's meat is another man's poison. If someone were to play/jam soft sentimental song in the bus, i would feel damn irrated. Some people like what you say might appreciatate it though, that i agree.

Point is, in a small congested environment like a bus or mrt...if someone were to start playing/jamming something regardless of what it is, his/her neighbours are effectively being forced to listen to it. If they like it, great...if they dont either they move away, endure it for the duration of journey or plug in their own mp3s. It is not like other public places where you can simply can walk off and that in my opinion is causing disturbance.

Anyway i dont see the point of doing this in public unless there are some special reason and surely there are better places to do this then on public transports.

Good point~..
Which was why I was leaning into not playing too loud, I suppose..

What other places would be good?
The last time I was playing to myself in public, people thought I was basking.
Not a good thing if the police came by...

Back