Singapore Idol

hackernox

Just saw some commercial that Singapore Idol is coming on June.

But just wonder how many years are we going to do this. With 4 million people around (as compared to close to 300million in USA) we have not enough william hung to last for long.

In fact I felt that we should do a Asean Idol instead. And in this way we can make our art scene (or rather pop scene) to be more relevant to this region.[/quote]

:idea:

There must be a Lot of William Hung's gonna hang us .....As you all should have seen on TV a lot of school boys imitating the Hung's style.......
crazy.gif

Those who has inability to sing...or act funny may be called as .....

Let's wait and watch the
shit.gif

Why the hell copy all from americans? :?: can we have our own concept? Why the TV guys cant think some thing better....eat our own shit?
:evil:

Look out for the audition in June...how many HUNG's?

but I must say America Idol is very good. To me it is by far the most entertaining talent show that I have seen. And comparing with the local "Talent Time", I must really say that the local show is very very very boring. AI has all the success factors. They have reality tv (the audition and simon), audience interactive (voting) and intense competition (The winner really have to survive round after round of elimination process).

So I say, why not. I mean if we can't come out with something, then use others proven model.

Hmmm...Seriously speaking...I think that American Idol IS entertaining...but Singapore probably has to let the mediocre through cause we probably can't muster enough talent...and what would be the equivalent of Hollywood?? Hmm...Anywayz...I saw NZ Idol when I was there...everything was sooooo horrible...arrgghh...it was a straight copy...even the judges had the same 'style' as American Idol...but not as 'real' somehow...blarrgghh...who do you think would make a good judge though??...Any ideas?

Muackz to all...

Tammi

Well, I guess Singapore will probably do it once every 4 years. But I seriously think it is going to be very interesting if we host a ASEAN Idol. Imagine how the audition in each country (or City) will be like.

As for the judge, Though i don't like him (or her), But I thing Kumar makes a good Simon. :lol:

May be Dick Lee will be good to take over Randy's place. Where as for lady......hmmmm may be jacinthia? :wink:

What do you think?

Hmm...I'm not too sure...I agree that Jacintha should be one of the judges...but Kumar??I don't think he's mean enough to be our 'Simon'...I think Steven Choo's 'mean' enough...Somewhat...and dick lee...well...I'm still out on that one...

By the way...Steven Choo is one of the radio execs...

Muackz to all...

Tammi

Wahahahahaha...anyway...I missed the post about ASEAN Idol earlier on...I think that is a GREAT idea!! I mean...there would be so much more talent to draw from...BUT...you probably would need multi-lingual judges...cos not absolutely everyone understands english...and where should the finals be held??Singapore??But what if, in the end, the winner is not a Singaporean??These may seem like itty bitty details...but they are important nonetheless...and what about the cost of flying the contestants everywhere if you want to hold different stages of the competition in the different countries of ASEAN?? In all, I think that maybe we have to have a Singapore Idol first...and then send that ONE person to a neutral country to compete with the others...kinda like World Idol...but only itz ASEAN Idol...just a thought...

Muackz to all...

Tammi

a_b_normal123 said:
Wahahahahaha...anyway...I missed the post about ASEAN Idol earlier on...I think that is a GREAT idea!! I mean...there would be so much more talent to draw from...BUT...you probably would need multi-lingual judges...cos not absolutely everyone understands english...and where should the finals be held??Singapore??But what if, in the end, the winner is not a Singaporean??These may seem like itty bitty details...but they are important nonetheless...and what about the cost of flying the contestants everywhere if you want to hold different stages of the competition in the different countries of ASEAN?? In all, I think that maybe we have to have a Singapore Idol first...and then send that ONE person to a neutral country to compete with the others...kinda like World Idol...but only itz ASEAN Idol...just a thought...

Muackz to all...

Tammi

Think Asia Bagus. That was closet thing to Aean Idol although the judging was not by the people but by the judges. Anyway, the logistics of doing an Asean Idol can be quite intimidating besides other issues like high costs, administering the counting of votes from phone calls (not all countries have the same amount of affluence as say Singapore or Malaysia) etc.

In the final analysis, it may too impractical and the scale being too big. Hence it's good to start with Singapore Idol to iron out the teething areas first before embarking on an Aseanwide thingy.

Heard on Class 95 that the first two judges are 'rumoured' to be Najip and Kit Chan. That's what Glenn said. Well Najip is a good choice (having being on Asia Bagus before) and Kit Chan is also a credible choice. Perhaps Dick Lee could make up the final third, unless he is out of favour with Mediacorp. Other possibiities could be Mark Richmond or Sheik Hakkel or Anita Sarawak.. Just speculating....

8)

Asia Bagus...

is that not where they had to forbid the Filipino because they were winning everything?
May be Philippines Idiol can be a good Asian Idol solution...
koala

NAJIP...sure sure, why didn't i think of him :oops:

Well regarding issue of holding a ASEAN IDOL.....Well, AI's audition are not held nationwide. They rotate among their cities. and only those who pass the audition (I think there are 36 of them) will be flew to Hollywood.

Likewise ASEAN IDOL audition will not be held ASEAN wide. But in selected cities and only the 3 dozens contestant who pass the audition will be flew to Singapore. As for language wise. I think English is a internationl language. of course when it is being telecast in their country, it can be translated (much like most soccer game)

I really felt Singapore should take the initiative to do it. Singapore needs to do this sort of things becoem the entertainment and art centre of this region.

I think the SingaporeIdol Competition willl only be opened to Singaporeans.

Who knows ... the other asian countries are planning their own country idols.

Visit the local website :

www.singaporeidol.net

It'll be great to see locals cheapen them selves in front of reality TV. Than we see them get used as puppets by the recording companies to make money. How interesting.......

haha

the really talented ones will not join this idol comp. More of a wait and see attitude. Look at wat happened to the Talentime 2000 winner..acting in a cheesy comedy..wat happend to cherry choc candy...struggling to break even..and triple npize..noiseless at the moment.More appropriately, the spore idol will be another pretty face with no real talent but with lots of cleavage and boobs to show. sheesh

lol...I agree...but...for your information...Darryl Seah is not a complete failure...cos he did do "Forbidden City: Portrait of an Empress"...yes...his role in it can hardly be called a major role...but it IS a credible production...and he gave a heartfelt performance...

I also have my doubts about Singapore Idol...because...well...again there is not much place to go in Singapore...everything's so dang tiny...and I highly doubt that whatever album's going not going to sell outside of Singapore...furthermore...I don't think the winner will be quite worldly enough or up to the task...

PS And I highly doubt that many Singaporeans have plenty of cleavage...so don't bank on seeing them on the winner...

Muackz to all...

Tammi

is that not supposed to be money driven?

first of all, this is done to make money. There are two obvious time for this: (1) at tv show time with advertisement, (2) at album time with the contract the recording company puts on the singer.
Here, in Singapore, I have some problem with the first, because of possible lack of talent... but very big problems with the second, because of Singapore music market not really existing and copies to easily replacing the originals... so, who will make money???...
If the answer is nobody... then the show will just collapse... and we will return to the standard breast watch american series...

But, you know the saying... it is not finished before the fat lady sings...

koala

Back