Singapore Band Challenge 2008

Singapore Drumfest announcements 1st Aug 2008

Dear Friends,

-Come join us at *scape Youth Park tomorrow, Saturday 2nd August from 6:30pm to 9:30pm for the Band Challenge and Drum Challenge Finalist showcase! see below!

- Line up for Singapore Drumfest Main Event is up on the website! check it out!

- Line up for Concert in the Park will be out next week. Wait for it!

- Ticket information will be out next week!

- Come join us at The ARENA, Clark Quay this Sat 16th Aug 08 for FINALS of Drum Challenge Asia & Sat 23rd Aug 08 for FINALS of Singapore BAND Challenge (both 1.00pm to 5.00pm). See details of bands & participants on our main website. Support local talents as they challenge themselves to their max in this all music genre tournament!

- Ticket pricing for Finals as follows - Door charges - S$12/- nett for 1 x Alcoholic /Soft Drink above 18 years old and S$10/- nett for Soft Drink under 18 years old for the public. Nice & comfortable place, air-conditioned & 5 hrs of entertainment in total!

- Brand New Singapore Drumfest T-Shirt designed by FLESH IMP will be on sale at all events!!

Thank you. Families & Friends of the Drum Challenge and BAND Challenge participants are strongly encouraged to come and support them at this event!

MTV latest writeup: http://www.mtvasia.com/News/200807/23016281.html

Singapore Drumfest Committee 2008
www.SingaporeDrumfest.com
***check out the great pictures of the Semis on 26th of July 2008!***

Other exciting Events:
Pls check out Music Lab's "Know your TAOGAYS" class!
http://soft.com.sg/forum/how-drums/70345-music-lab-drum-set-workshop-series-3.html

2ndAugust.jpg

You guys would be the 18 and above category... But unfortunately, the competition has already started and registration has long expired...

Hi Boon

can I post this information and the poster of the Spore Drumfest up in my music blog? Its to help to promote the event. Pls reply. Thanks.

Cheers
AJ

My opinions about SBC:
I like Sonofa.. they dun seem to have.. a blog or anything T.T
(Musicians: Audio 10 Visual 10!! ahmm Sound crew: 8 >,<")
Never seen Slayer cover for a while.. This one rocks.. thumb ups for Polarix..
But I dun understand why they choose the 'best' musicians from so-called 'potential'.. This is a music competition.. but again I do agree that "give-to-the-youth" idea is not a bad thing..
General comment for the event would be that.. each band requires difficult sound balance.. I'm not sure whether they do configuration for each band or it's a "One-for-all". Still, some of the musicality and sound of particular bands are masked by 'not-ideal' sound balance..

Hi North ,

thanks for your comments.

I agree with you on the sound part...and we do seek everyone's pardon for today's sound quality.

We were let down by our usual sound contractor last min forcing us to use the in-house system.

For those of you that were there for Semi-finals and Drum Challenge Asia finals, you would and should know that the sound is far better than today.

And yes, we do extensive sound checks for all our competitons all the time, band by band.

And it was also the same today but the sound man just couldn't keep up.

Nevertheless, the bands gave their best and we are ever so proud of all of them for who they are, what they play and who they want to become.

Singapore Band Challenge is truly a competition of all genres and we await next year for a greater showing of Singapore's talents!

See everyone at the Winner's Showcase on 30th Aug at *scape Youth Park starting at 6pm.

Concert in the Park 13 & 14 Sept
Sat Headline - American Idol's Sy Smith - Vocals and Teddy Campbell - Drums and all American Star band lineup

Rafael Moreira - Rockstar INXS Supernova House band Lead guitarist, Musicians Institute Master Guitarist, also guitarist for MTV's Rock the Cradle

Virgil Donati - have played for Steve Vai, CAB and PLANET X

Sun Headline - Rockstar Supernova's STORM Large with ROCKSTAR House Band's Rafael and Nate

Magnetico

tickets at a low $80 for 2 nights available at sistic.com.sg

also CHECK OUT the various masterclasses (vocal and guitar too) at the MAIN EVENT!

Thanks.
www.SingaporeDrumfest.com

Last edited:
thanks andrew and north!
we didnt get a good sound yesterday from the new amps and the new soundman..
but we still had fun! i hoped we kicked tons of ass yesterday haah!!

congrats to all the winners!

till next time!

yuhua,polarix

Hey can the band members of the participanting bands at THE FINALS get in touch with me?
I have some videos featuring their performance. At the same time, I might want to do some write-up for them in my blog and promote them. Thanks. Really appreciate if u guys can get them to contact if u know any of them!

Cheers
Music Connector & Lover
AJ

Back