Singapore Band Challenge 2008

shit.. is this for real? sick prizes.. money, contract, mentorship, guaranteed work and even a chance to play at festival. my bands gonna give it a shot! haha no harm trying but looking at it.. if its all real, then OMG...its gonna like set the standard.. 3 more days to audition!! here we go!

Last edited:
Hi Shawnrick, you haven't missed any date....its not closed yet.

you still can join now!

call 64400032

Thanks.

Boon
I have PM-ed you.

Any BAND that is still up for the challenge may have a walk in audition.

Pls come in on Sat at 230pm.
or Sun at 1230pm

442 A Joo Chiat Road
Tel : 64400032

"NEVER BACK OFF FROM A CHALLENGE!!"

Last edited:
A great diversity of bands today! Oh my...good mix ....

awaiting more tomorrow...

Auditions still open.

Call 64400032

good luck to all the bands taking part:)
By the way,when will the results of the auditions be out?

Sssshawnrrrrrrick is the biggest doood in the universe ! This comp is not for you man ! Go join the burger eating comp !

updatedlogoddraft.jpg

Last edited:
MTV is our official Media support!

See you guys this Sat, 12 July at 6pm for the Singapore Band Challenge Heats!

Show some love to the great local bands of many different genres!

And also for those who may be interested...

The whole day stretches from 12 noon till 10pm. Drum Challenge ASIA will go first till 5pm and Band Challenge will be next from 6-10pm.

WFD will happen from 12 noon to 10pm.... everyone (including non-drummers) should just take a turn and try and go for it. see www.extremesportdrumming.com

And honestly... we also hope everyone will support the local talents in Drum Challenge and also Band Challenge. You would be in for many surprises.

To top it off, there's gonna be Ben and Jerry's ice cream on sale at prices not found at the outlets, popcorn, free Coke Zero, Donuts and also a lucky Draw at the end of the event.

Thanks.

updatedlogoddraft.jpg

Last edited:
The link given does not state the names of the band that got through to the preliminaries.Are u able to release the names of the bands?Thx.

this is definitely one of the MOST ridiculous concepts ever...best samba band vs best metal band....
obviously planned by the ignorant non musician types...

hey chill dude.. Don't need to get personal man.. I don't see a point in that. In my opinion band competition need not be rock band vs rock band. In the first place they already state they are looking for the MOST entertaining band.. Isnt that what people want to see? Would the mass want to see a skillful yet boring band?
Why not come down and check out this Saturday how ridiculous this event is? End of the day.. This is good publicity and exposure for the partcipants. Come on.. Mtv man

hmm..i think that the organisers can write and do whatever they want you know..
furthermore,there are many sponsers for this band challenge,i`m sure that they would know what they are doing...

Dear Friends,

* Come join us at The ARENA, Clark Quay next Sat 26th July 08 for SEMI-FINALS of Drum Challenge Asia & Singapore BAND Challenge (2.30pm to 8.00pm). See details of bands & participants on our main website. Support local talents as they challenge themselves to their max in this all music genre tournament!

* Ticket Charges for Semi-Finals as follows - Door charges - S$12/- nett for 1 x Alcoholic /Soft Drink above 18 years old and S$10/- nett for Soft Drink under 18 years old for the public. Nice & comfortable place, air-conditioned & 5 hrs of entertainment in total!

* Lucky draw prizes sponsored by all our partners will be given away on 26th July!

* JC Sum's Ultimate Magic show tickets to be given away!

* Goodie Bags to be given away!

* Brand New Singapore Drumfest T-Shirt designed by FLESH IMP will be on sale!!

Thank you. Families & Friends of the Drum Challenge and BAND Challenge participants are strongly encouraged to come and support them at this event!

Singapore Drumfest Committee 2008
www.SingaporeDrumfest.com
***check out the great pictures of the HEATS on 12th of July 2008!***
videos coming...

thearena2.jpg

Back