Sing a wide variety of songs, find it hard to switch sometimes. Help?

getwebdesigner

Wonder if anyone can help? I sing the malay songs below. Its from 3 different indonesian popular bands:

Radja band: Hard rock low pitch style. Enegetic short breathing YouTube - Bulan

Peterpan band: high pitch style. YouTube - Peterpan - Mimpi Yang Sempurna

Ungu band: Middle pitch. A lot of long controlled breathing
YouTube - ungu-tercipta untukku

Can experienced vocalists tell me how to switch between the 3 bands different sounds. Or should i stick to one band & pitch level?

It is always nice to imitate a singer as he sings. But at the end of the day, you have to sing with the way you sing. That's what we call originality. Don't sing out of tune lah. That one problem. Hehehehe...!! But don't try too hard to imitate cause later you'll never be satisfied. Remember that you are just you and that singer is just him the way he translate the song into.

From what I have heard you before, your voice suits Radja well. But, listen more to classic stuffs as you're into Indonesian music. Try Chrisye, Godbless, Padi, Jamrud, etc. Honestly the late Chrisye is my favorite singer of all. Checkout MySpace.com - Chrisye - - Pop - www.myspace.com/chrisyeindo

Saluti!
Tetragrammaton

true wat sis sage & bro tetra has said - I tend to sing in other ppl's voices & styles that nowdays I can be a voice impersonator - while my own style gets all gobbledegook.... yep & watch your pitching & false notes dude...

I have an idea, which was what broke me out from vocal mimickings:
Write a simple original.. just throw some chords..
then get some lyrics, and try singing the song out...
the song or melody doesn't have to be the next big hit, it's an experiment to see how you end up singing it, and it'll give a foundation or an idea of your own style..

i think what he's trying to say is how to sing in his own voice while keeping in tune.

dude, if you're playing it on guitar, try and use the capo. For mimpi yang sempurna, aku pakai capo 2nd fret. bunyi dier higher but try to sing. at first susah, but jangan dengar lagu, dengar guitar and try to hear the key.

if you want, we can lepak and i can show you how its done. :)

i think what he's trying to say is how to sing in his own voice while keeping in tune.

dude, if you're playing it on guitar, try and use the capo. For mimpi yang sempurna, aku pakai capo 2nd fret. bunyi dier higher but try to sing. at first susah, but jangan dengar lagu, dengar guitar and try to hear the key.

if you want, we can lepak and i can show you how its done. :)

yeah cool. i didnt know u do peterpan songs. kewwwl

I have an idea, which was what broke me out from vocal mimickings:
Write a simple original.. just throw some chords..
then get some lyrics, and try singing the song out...
the song or melody doesn't have to be the next big hit, it's an experiment to see how you end up singing it, and it'll give a foundation or an idea of your own style..

yeah nice tip. I did one song recently, yeah trying to create a melody for it.

It is always nice to imitate a singer as he sings. But at the end of the day, you have to sing with the way you sing. That's what we call originality. Don't sing out of tune lah. That one problem. Hehehehe...!! But don't try too hard to imitate cause later you'll never be satisfied. Remember that you are just you and that singer is just him the way he translate the song into.

From what I have heard you before, your voice suits Radja well. But, listen more to classic stuffs as you're into Indonesian music. Try Chrisye, Godbless, Padi, Jamrud, etc. Honestly the late Chrisye is my favorite singer of all. Checkout MySpace.com - Chrisye - - Pop - www.myspace.com/chrisyeindo

Saluti!
Tetragrammaton

Yeah thx bro. finally someone reviews me according to which artist my voice is closest too.

bro.. don't need a recording studio.. those are really expensive and only for professional recording. check out my raw recordings at

www.evoca.com/whyte
Khai Han - ReverbNation (except 'I wanna be loved' the rest were self recording. 'IWBL' was recorded and mixed semi-profesionally)

all i used was a mixing software, my computer, a 4"-8" pin, cable, a headset with microphone, my guitar and my voice. total cost? must calculate yourself.

but definitely cheaper.

Back