Need members to form a SERIOUS band

Godspeed64

(REPOST, NEED VOCALIST)

Hey peeps! Me and my friend Mudd (wasabe19 on soft) are looking for new members to form a band. Our band of 5 years have decided to part ways and the two of us are ITCHING to perform.

Anyways, brief intro about us.
Me:
Been playing guitar since 2005. I'd say my main influences are Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead and Audioslave/RATM in terms of listening. Playing wise I have my own style that usually resembles nothing like what I love listening to. After my band went on hiatus I went to help my friend's band Rock Concert Heroes and currently searching for a new band.
Gear wise I'm using a Gibson SG into a Morley Wah, Boss SD-1, Elite Tone Fuzz Monster, Ibanez FL301-dx Flanger, DOD Digital Delay and Korg Pitchblack. Amps used are a Randall RG100SC and a Vox Night Train.
You can expect me to play wall of sound fuzz tones and melting leads, and using of dotted eight delays. Also play blues a lot as a form of freeflow improvisation.
Finishing NS soon to enter university.

Mudd:
Been playing guitar since 2004. I'd say his main influences are John Mayer, The Kooks and perhaps The Killers. He has his own playing style with a tendency to come up with sweet rhythm lines. After the hiatus he was recently into doing his own solo acoustic stuff and performing acoustic gigs.
Gear wise, using a John Mayer signature Fender Stratocaster or a MIJ Fender Stratocaster into a Fulltone FD-2, Fulltone OCD, and MXR Carbon Copy Delay mainly (occasionaly OLC Umble, TS9dx modded to 808, Dano TOD-1, BYOC Delay). Amp used is a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue.
You can expect him to play intricate rhythm stuff to crunchy, raunchy stuff. Also play blues a lot as a form of freeflow improvisation.
Still a year to go in NS before university.

Together, we have jammed the following bands' material:
Most recently- The Killers, The Temper Trap, Interpol, Kings of Leon, Metric, Radiohead, The Kooks
Older- Coldplay, The Strokes, Hot Hot Heat, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Muse, Oasis, Blur, Lifehouse, Third Eye Blind, Brand New, Orson, Cream, Franz Ferdinand, Goo Goo Dolls, Cake, Guns & Roses, Jimmy Eat World, John Mayer, Live, Modest Mouse, The Police, Snow Patrol and a bunch of others I've forgotten about.

We intend to move in the musical direction of stuff similar to Coldplay, Kings of Leon, The Kooks, Phoenix, The Killers, Mew, etc. You can say indie/alternative stuff. Well, we can say one thing but compose something totally different. As my saying goes, we'll go wherever the next chord takes us!

What we need and require of you:
We are in the process of forming a band that is fully committed to writing music and performing at various locations. If we're good we'll be heard. Slots are open for a bassist, vocalist and keyboardist. Drummer is tentative as I have 2 chaps in mind that have shown interest, but I'm giving them time to think about it. Interested drummers can still contact me!
Bassist:
We need you to know some basic theory, at least know your scales and your keys. We need experienced people that can gel things together with the drummer and the rest of the band. A good sense of timing and rhythm, and have chops! Also able to come up with own material for drum/bass driven songs if need be. Must have your own equipment too.
Keyboardist:
We need people that can play to the music, adding ambience to the sound, and at least know your chords and not play random notes. Not all our songs will be keyboard driven, so we need patient people who know when it's best to sit behind the mix, or shine at the front; not note-hungry people that wants to be on top all the time. If we want to work well as a band, there's a time for every instrument to come forth, or sit back. Practicing this is golden. Must have your own equipment as well.
Vocalist:
We shall be very picky on this one. I've went through too many vocalists to count, some with a bad sense of rhythm, some who could sing but never in the right key, some who instantly tremble once we start performing and starts to cock up. What we need is CONFIDENCE, people who can perform and love singing as a whole. If you can stir the crowd, we'd love you to join us.

For starters, I hope to clock 2-4 jamming sessions monthly, preferable two hour sessions (usually on Saturday mornings). We tend to go to studios located at Jalan Besar; BackBeat Studios, L Cube Studios, chaptersix studios. All will contribute an equal share/cost to the studio session.
Age-wise, we are both 20 (and the drummers I'm looking at are 20 and 17 respectively). As long as our age gap is not too big, we can work things out. Gender is no issue, as well as race. We are open to anything. We just want people who can chill, that we can get along with as friends and musicians. Hopefully, we can learn from one another and take our craft to the next level. Bonus if you've performed before, and/or you write your own material!

If you're interested, contact me at 90113112 or PM me with your details. If you have your own stuff you played/written, you can send them to me. Hoping to dedicate the 6th of November, a Saturday, for a meet-and-greet session before making music. Just an ice breaker and perhaps we will decide on some songs to try out (perhaps a short jam session we'll see how). I know it's a long post, it's just that we're passionate and intend to take the next step. Hope to hear from you guys!

Last edited:
It's a Q dammit!!! Not K!!!
Alright man we'll give it a try maybe. Still waiting for more like-minded enthusiasts.

Synth more or less decided on a dude named Zan.
Still awaiting on the drummer saga at the moment to conclude.
Vocalist, small world, received a call from somebody I knew last time unknowingly. He's in a band right now so I need to finalise things. Another dude also PMed me, someone I knew from NS as well. Still open to more applicants.
Bassist only one fella so far. Need more people to show interest! Hopefully those with more experience as we need a strong core to get things going!

Overall, I need time to finalise some details before I can plan the eventual meet-up. Hope we can start this soon. If we can gel well, it'll be a blast and a new project will be born!

Thanks for all the interest so far guys. Appreciate it. Try to SMS me as I respond faster to PMs!

hey!

hello I'm Niccolo';, form italy. I am a drummer and singer, and I just got to Singapore.
Actually I'm trying to set up a band with few friends, but I'm willing also to commit with two bands if the music is good. I really love playing!
I could sing in your band, just write to me if u're interested!
niccolo.tosetto@gmail.com

Drummer available.

Hey man, Is the drummer position still available?
Name's Marc, 18 been playing drums for about .. approximately 4 years. I have some experience on performing, having performed in church events and other smaller private gigs.
Willing to commit to the band as well.

Do drop me a message if you guys do consider me. thanks!

Hey guys. Sorry for the responses I'm still getting. All positions have been filled and we just had our first jamming session today.
Awesome experience. Thanks to those who responded. From SOFT we managed to get Tim on Bass, Alfy on Vocals, Zan on Keys and Lester on Drums.
Hope you guys hear from us soon!

Okay we need a new synth player. The first person to contact me in this field backed out. Saying wrong genre.

Ok all positions filled EXCEPT SYNTH. We need a keyboardist! Rejected a few when the thread was made cause someone contacted me almost immediately. No idea why would someone like that apply and end up quitting cause of wrong genre.
Isn't my post elaborate enough?!

Still searching for a permanent keyboardist. Indie/Alternative genre in the veins of Coldplay, Kings of Leon, Phoenix, Temper Trap etc.
More information on first post on thread with contact information!

Need a new vocalist. Aunt.mall left the band to concentrate on another band.
It'll be great if you can write your own lyrics, as the rest of the band has already written one original (on our third jam) that needs vocals/lyrics left.

Also, the previous vocalist used effects that I found quite useful for a vox. It will be awesome if you are into such things as well, if not doesn't matter.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:
Able to sing in tune. (Perfect pitch meaning you KNOW when you're off, not sing aimlessly)
Able to sing in time. (Some can sing but the moment the instruments come in it's off)
Able to commit. (Once we get at least 1 or 2 originals up, get the other covers tightened, we will start looking for gigs)

Current song list:
The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
The Temper Trap - Fader
Coldplay - Fix You
John Mayer - Clarity
Phoenix - Lasso
RHCP - Can't Stop
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
Coldplay - Talk

On hold:
Metric - Black Sheep
The Killers - Sam's Town