shops in melbourne n sydney?

dilahk

hey guys....will be there for 2 weeks...later this month...

ani shops to look out for?...n too...if ani 2nd hand shops...

pls do tell...im looking for relicish guitars?.

ani help is much appreciated....:)

Hey man,

I've been living in Sydney for the last 5 years and honestly... there's nothing worth buying here if you ask me. Not even strings. Everything is, dollar for dollar, more expensive, and once you add in the lousy exchange rate now, I wouldn't even buy a pick here. Still, if you *must* go to a guitar shop, you can try the following

For new guitars,
Venue Music and Allan's Music, both in the city. Venue is behind Queen Victoria Building, and Allan's Music is along Pitt St. You can also try Billy Hyde's near Pyrmont Bridge Road.

For second hand stuff, try Guitar Crazy at Coogee or Jackson's Rare Guitars, which is near Leichardt I think.

For the addresses, Google is your friend :D

for melbourne, music swap shop in carlton has a great selection of used stuff. semi-reasonable prices. http://www.musicswopshop.com.au/ its about ten mins away from the city center by tram.

adams right about gear been overpriced and expensive..but definately a larger selection if you have the cash.

great stuffs guys....

well...im looking for those old on vintage guitars?...so just trying my luck...will be there on the 28th...haha

not worth buying any musical stuff in Australia... Singapore.. is the cheapest... dont waste your money...:)

I'm an Aussie and I agree, Singapore is cheaper, dollar for dollar.

BUT the U.S is the best for cheap stuff.

Anyway in Sydney Try JACKSONS Rare Guitars in Annandale,(Bring your Chequebook) and BAM BAM Music in Blacktown, I use to work there.

Back