seymour duncan for mocking bird?

liquid

what types of seymour duncan pickup that i can install in mocking bird? As i am going to put 2 inside my mocking bird though .

you can instal any Duncans there, there are no specifics for the guitar; it's all about what you wan to hear/ complement (your set-up) :cool:

oh cool, ure doin something similar to me but i have mine planned, ill maybe be putting an alternative 8 and an alnico pro II. btw what ur mockingbird model?

ibanez+SZ320.jpg

i had the AII Pro in my Ibanez SZ320 above; a very smooth pickup when it comes to drive, capable of producing some of the most rounded tones without turning notes to mush.

sh15.JPG

the Alternative 8 used to reside in my LP BFG, it's very aggressive, not quite useful in clean mode. however, unlike ceramic magnets, the alnico still retains that vintage overtones upon lowering the guitar volume.

Thanks for the tip...:D , i'd like to use the alternative 8 on the neck to reduce the bassy sound and making it abit more aggressive when being distorted and so that if the "woman tone" is being used, it's gonna be louder, and more clearer not too bassy not too warm. So its basically used to brighten the sound of the neck pickup and control its thickness of the sound and especially a mockingbird its neck pickup sound is pretty deep and thick, more than that of a les paul, in my opinion.

how deep a pickup sound in the neck position has very little to do with the guitar type, wood type & the overall guitar weight play a more marked role here.

for much clarity in the neck position, i prefer the Duncan Distortion (seen here with a Duncan Custom in the bridge position- the guitar is my Ibanez RG321):

RG321+pic3.JPG

thanks for the much info given , mr moderator ! haha
Actually i wanna make my mocking bird sound like Xjapan's HiDe . But i don noe which type to go for.

Last edited:
hide uses dimarzios, and a sustainer of course.

either way, the pickups play a smaller role in shaping a tone, are your amp/effects capable of manifesting hide's tones?

Back