Scammer alert

samuelsingsong

This time round, this scammer goes by “plane air” with email jraintt1@gmail.com.

The police could not or will not do anything because they say there is nothing they can do.

I got scammed by him a couple of years back and he tried to do it again. His MO is to bait you into buying your item then ask you to transfer a certain overseas fee claiming it is refundable.

1. Asks you to send item to Malaysia but claims he is in the USA.

- address is an abandoned warehouse in Malaysia.

2. Says his wife is there to collect the item.

3. Sends a fake bank email saying he needs to pay an overseas transfer fee.

4. Asks you to pay it first to a SINGAPORE POSB BANK ACCOUNT.

5. After which, claims he has already transferred the amount for the item.

Glad it helped. Spread it all around!

- - - Updated - - -

46F43AC9-676B-4DA4-B93E-34D3DFB5D31F.jpg

This is him.

and here I was thinking that I found a buyer for my pedal... sigh. He also just emailed me. Goes by name of “Jason”.

Attachments

• 586687BD-9263-49A8-B326-1592EEF141F8.jpg
    586687BD-9263-49A8-B326-1592EEF141F8.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 392
He also emailed me - about a dual delay pedal (I don't even have a dual delay pedal posted for sale haha).

It was a typical scam email - good of you to share the information here!

Same situation as you, Samuel; the bugger approached me twice, two years ago and then again two days ago. He attempts to be smart by using a different name every time, but is apparently dumb enough not to keep track of his targets/"victims" to keep his modus operandi from being recognised. I count myself lucky I never sent him anything.

His username the first time around was "binary22". When he sent me that US/Malaysia story a couple days back (evidently unaware he'd already sent me the same thing way back in 2017), I sarcastically replied the following

IMG_7654.jpg

He actually had the cheek to reply after that, lol. Probably feeling sheepish or something

Same situation as you, Samuel; the bugger approached me twice, two years ago and then again two days ago. He attempts to be smart by using a different name every time, but is apparently dumb enough not to keep track of his targets/"victims" to keep his modus operandi from being recognised. I count myself lucky I never sent him anything.

His username the first time around was "binary22". When he sent me that US/Malaysia story a couple days back (evidently unaware he'd already sent me the same thing way back in 2017), I sarcastically replied the following

View attachment 37570

He actually had the cheek to reply after that, lol. Probably feeling sheepish or something

Yeah! I called him out too. A pity not much can be done to stop people like them. :(

Near miss for me. He contacted me yesterday regarding an item I am selling but I cottoned on when he asked to deal via PayPal and ship the item to Malaysia. His username is "planeair" (not "plane air" as captured in the original thread). Everyone please report this user as a scammer so his SOFT account is blocked. I have reported his Gmail account to Google for abuse of their Terms of Use.

Few weeks back Planeair PMed with an interest to purchase BOSS HyperMetal HN-3 posted.

His email is jraintt1@gmail.com. Goes by the name of Jason N. Says he's in USA but he can pay via bank transfer and like it to send to KL whereby some female family member will bring it over for him to USA.

Quoted item and postage and indicated that it will be sent by registered mail to KL once my bank received his transfer with all remittance charges due to him.

Then he emailed me a phony Citibank remittance statement and induced me to mail out the effect.

I reiterate that upon my bank received his funds the effect will be mailed out to him.

Then he claimed payment made via Citibank and want me to mail it out. I reiterated again that no funds received by my bank no mailing of effects. Suggested he go double check with Citibank.

So if planeair.... jraintt1@gmail.com..... or Jason N PM you all to buy stuffs please take necessary anti scammer protocols with Oedipus like such.

Back