Scammer (?) alert

mechanevil

There's a guy going around with different three letter user names - ggr, hnu, etc.

In all the ads, he asks you to contact him via protonmail, an email service that's encrypted and lets emails self destruct after some time.

I had an interaction with him/her once about an amp that was being sold.

It's only after discussing the transaction, the user tells me he's based in the US.

I bowed out of the deal because of that. But now I see the user posting in all the forums with different names offering all kinds of hard to get gear.

Not too sure the seller is legit, especially because he's unable to deal face to face and has all these multiple user names on the forum. Ask about any product, and they'll say shipping involved, which to me sounds like you'll never get anything.

Can't confirm for sure, but there's no reason why a single user should have so many user names. Also, why sell here? At the prices he's offering, he could just sell in the US if he wants.

Caveat emptor. Buyer beware.

Another potential scammer user name redblueyellow contacted me on my posts and wanted to buy a guitar and ship to Indonesia

all ok until I asked him to settle payment and I got this transfer confirmation email which looked totally bogus from "citi-bank".

So did some digging and found this:
https://mothership.sg/2017/10/sporean-woman-nearly-gets-scammed-while-selling-phone-on-gumtree/

I'm posting pics here so that you can see his email address and the email I got from his bank transfer

Slide2.JPG
Slide1.jpg

I received the exact same message today from blueredyellow (https://www.soft.com.sg/forum/member.php?92328-blueredyellow) and was about to report it!

"Hi,Is it sill available? massage me to timx0800@hotmail.com to schedule meetup or post."

And after writing him:

"Ok...I'm currently in the US but want to send it to someone in Indonesia,Could you let me know how much i'll need to pay including shipping & bank to bank or Paypal should be ok for for me to pay!"

Back