Satin Finish

Deanz

I have a satin finish bass guitar....How do i make the wood grain look darker....it has a flame maple top....do i need to sand off the finish then oil it.....i dont want to spoil the bass.......pls advise...sorry wrong thread...oredi post it in bass..how to

Deanz said:
I have a satin finish bass guitar....How do i make the wood grain look darker....it has a flame maple top....do i need to sand off the finish then oil it.....i dont want to spoil the bass.......pls advise...sorry wrong thread...oredi post it in bass..how to

there's no way you can .. if you want to it'll mean a totally new paint job already which isn't feasible. The satin is some kind of lacquer over the body of the bass. If i understand correctly, the BTB series have a maple top over them with a mahogany core ... maple itself, no point trying to make the grain darker if it's not those kind of figured maple.

For my bass .. .i risked quite a fair bit trying to get the finish up and even, and it took me alot of effort for one cos i dunno how to rewire pickups ... so i ended up taping up my pickups and dyeing/spraying the body like that.

so for now, i'd advise you not too lah, i did it to mine cos mine was an experimental guitar, spare guitar parts lah, even though it was my main working bass i was a little crazy ... i think the satin on the BTB is nice enough already .. =)

Back